Foe Clan Structure Final Ownage Elite Presents Foe Quick Links
[ Founder ] Bonesaw Pk, Ilx Ace Ilx [ Leader ] Danny
[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Help with Visa Pre-Paid Gift Card(NON-Reloadable!)

dmonspawn

Okay, so Im buying some stuff to mod my good ole ps2, and a list. Now There are two options to exchange the money between me and the other person. Option 1... Sending the money via mail.. This really isnt an option for me as $50-60 is kinda risky to do, and it can take like a week but I need him to recive it sooner. 2. use a credit card, umm Im only 15 and I dont have one so this is NOT an option.

option #3... use the $50 in cash I have and go to a nearbye wallgreens or Circle K as their both close and I can easily ride my bike there and get back within 10 minutes or so. But I would pay with the $50 in cash and buy a Pre-Paid visa giftcard, the type that you cant reload. And I will give him the needed information so he can enter it on paypal and get the money.

He told me that works on AIM yesterday but this morning I was starting to think this over and I went onto google and read up. I know you can be any age to buy one and dont need an id, but from also what I heard is that PayPal will generally not accept them? As He would contact me on AIM with the information he needs and I will give him the info from what I got with the cards.

This way he can have the info and get the money from the visa gift card and then he can get the money from paypal so he has more money to buy his ps3 and everythign he wants with it..... Im wondering DOES this method work? Or am Igoing to have to figure out another way to transfer the money($50) thanks if you guys can helP!

more updates later..

ok m8 here is what you do

first you take the 50$ right

then you bring it there but watch out for them

then you make sure its there but you have to make sure its there

but you have to watch out for them, good luck.

Paypal will close your accounts if your a minor, but they won't check if your making relatively small purchases (don't get verified). if you get verified they'll run your age with your account info depending on your country, in my case i've had my paypal account since I was 16 and transferred over a 1000$ over two years on it from selling gold on wow.

Anyways, you might want to consider getting a bank draft or a money order and making it payable to the recipient. this would cost about 5$ but it can't get post jacked. if you send him a cheque (go to your bank and ask for cheques to be drawn up) and write on the memo "Play Station Mod Parts" because if you do that, then the cheque is a legal document indicating what the purpose is for, or in simple terms, if he cashes the cheque and doesn't give you the goods then you can pursue legal action against him as he just comitted an endeitable offence (felony in the states). for cheques as long as you have a chequing account they should print them up for you for about 5$ for 10. just make sure you have enough money in the account or else you have just committed fraud or will be out alot of money.

the prepaid visa is a BAD idea, yes it is instant but you have no protection. what you could actually do is make a paypal account, use your parents names or somthing and then use the gift card to credit your account and then credit his account. I've done simmilar things so it shouldn't be too hard.

Personally, I don't think you should engage in the activity as it is high risk (very very high risk) and you could probably get your mod kit else where. also, why invest in a PS2? PC > Consoles in my opinion