Guy Fawkes Day

Kyle|Lol The PK

Kyle|Lol The PK

On Guy Fawkes day, do you celebrate the fact that he tried to rebel and blow up parliament? or that he was caught by authorities before he could blow it up?

Kyle|Lol The PK

Dunoo, Why YouWanna Kno Googles Always There Lol.

I'd rather hear it from real people who are British, cause I heard some think it's one way and some think it's the other.

It depends if your an anarchist or a patriot.

In my view, The British parliment is archaeic and does not sufficiently protect the liberties of its citezens.

Ok then, here is the history of it, in a nutshell.

After the reformation, Henry converted England from Catholic to Protestant. During this time, many innocent Catholics were killed for their beliefs. After Henry and the short reign of Edward, Elizabeth I cames to power, who was also protestant. There was still much persecution of Catholics. After conflicts with Ireland, and the defeat of the Spanish Armada, Elizabeth died, and the throne was passed to James I, another Protestant.

During this time, a group of Catholics, lead by Guy Fawkes, made plots to blow up the houses of parliament, along with James, and the Protestant rule. As many know, Guy Fawke's plans were found out just in time, which is why we remember the 5th November

This is very 'potted' History, and just like all history, has a LOT more that meets the eye. I didn't want to write an essay on it :)