Erik
Kruck
Teleporting
[ Warlord ] [ Council ] don
Lay
TBR

Thoughts on Granite Maul

Cointegrate

Would you like to nerf maul spec damage by some small %?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to nerf maul spec damage by some small %?

• Yes
    • No
    • L2PK

Cointegrate

I hate it. Absolutely devalues skill expression in fights. It wasn't a problem 10 years ago because no one in 1-def brid would use them, but now I feel that NH fight KOs only happen when someone oneticks a lucky maul spec. 

I wouldn't mind maul spec damage being nerfed by 5-10%. Or am I just yelling at clouds here?

Cointegrate
2 minutes ago, Big Man J said:

You're not yelling at clouds, you're yelling at Eagles. 

I think the game would die if the G Maul was nerfed again.

That's a little steep, I'm just not sure if uncounterable mechanics have a place in pvp (at least for 1def, where the hits are guaranteed). It's the principle that bugs me. No other weapon can do this. Only the gmaul can ignore attack speed limits and add a random and impossible to anticipate 80 damage to a game tick. 

But maybe you are right, pvp appears fragile enough as is.

I hate it, but as anyone here would probably know I'm not good at that type of switch either.

But even if I was proficient at it, I still wouldn't like it. What I used to love about 60 attack pure pking was there was a *ton* of valid switches you could do. Hell, I used to do d scim -> d bow spec just for shits and giggles, and at the time it was good enough to get me several KOs.

Now literally 95% of people, both mains and pures, just do some variation of a maul switch. I've got my pure to a pretty high level now, and ironically now that it's almost "done" I'm playing less than I have since I started up again.

I'm not enjoying pking, and even if I keep practicing and get good at the new meta, I'm still not sure if I'd like it. Like you said, kinda bullshit having to somehow be a fortune teller on when you're going to get 100 damage on a one-tick action, and I also don't like having to spazz click between all my different windows during a fight. Tribriding/hybriding is a damn nightmare for me now.

My membership is almost up, will probably let it rest for a bit and take a break. I'm sure I'll keep trying in a couple/few weeks though, at least for awhile longer.

X WE ARE138

All about the good Ole trusty DDs 

But hey nothing beats dds to maul 3 hit straight back to another dds

Edited by X WE ARE138