Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Stand United's GFX Application

Stand

Posted Image

Hey Everybody,

Applied advice from the gfx community and explored another area of sig making

I had gfx rank when I was on forums about 2 years back. Had a fairly popular topic in the gfx section of my gallery. Now, since I came back to the forum, I'm putting in my application to get the gfx rank again.

How have you found out about FOE originally?
My cousin, who joined FOE with Stand_United back in the day, would talk about the clan non stop and I happened to see the gfx page and the rest is history.

Why do you want "GFX Artist" rank on FOE boards?

The opportunity to help beginners with the limited gfx/pixeling knowledge I have. With knowledge comes responsibility to spread that knowledge, and this rank would be a great vehicle for the goal of spreading the knowledge I do have.

I look at the other people with the same rank and the way they are able to do their part for the FOE community and I want to be apart of that. I want to offer my noob gfx skills to the FOE community, which would be even more of a thrill with an official ranking.

Are you associated with any other clans/communities?
Not associated really. I had an account on Runescape community.

Do you check FOE forums on regular basis?
Yes, multiple times daily. Either commenting in other topics or updating my own thread (which just reached 1,000+ views!!!). I'm not active on any other sections of the forum though.

Are you willing to take part in SOTWs?
Yes, I have before and plan to again. Just getting used to Photoshop, I'm kind've rusty. I won one of the SOTW's with a Mario sig I made. And I got a vote or 2 on my entry for last weeks SOTW (t-shirt), was a lot of fun!

3 (latest) examples of work

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(not sure if it's one of my latest because it's back from when I had rank, I wasn't sure which one I made last)

Thanks for checking out my application,

Posted ImageStand United
Cholesterol

United We Stand, the most important question here.........Are you willing to post crazy shit in the freehand pixels thread?

I'd like to see something other than a pixelated drawing, and you also have to understand the weight that'd be put on your shoulders due to the lack of activity for Gfx Artists currently.

Well, seeing you did have the rank back then. I don't see why you shouldn't get it back, as you went through this process already.

But like Ikz said, maybe you should try something new for a change?

As much as I like you and your work, Stand, I have to agree with Ikz :p

You're good at pixel work, I'll give you that, however I too would like to see some photoshopping as well :)

I'd still like to see you on the team though :D

No offence but i think standards have gone up a bit since you were last a GFX member, your pixels are nice but i'm not too fond of those photoshop works.

I will practice other forms besides pixels and apply again when I'm ready. Thanks for the cc Connor  :nice:

Thanks for all the advice guys.

What were to happen if... lets say i app'd :o?

autodecline

Locked upon request. I'll unlock it when you ask me to, Stand.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Like I said at the beginning of my app, I applied the advice given by the gfx overlords/artists and I tried other forms of sig making. So let me know what you all think of the new gfx work I did.

@Cholesterol

Lol, I'll post in that topic, but I don't really get that wild with my pixels. Even in my freetime. I'll see what I can cook up though, maybe just one for you  :p

Your gfx has improved greatly since the last time we saw you, and your pixels are still great.

I'll vote this one a yes, welcome to the team :)

Everyone,

I want to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you. I will do everything I can to keep up with the gfx community and hopefully spread my knowledge while also gaining knowledge from my fellow gfx team members/overlords and even those aspiring future gfx artists out there.  :nice:

Just wanted to let you all know I appreciate all the encouragement and cc that you all provide for me and I hope I can return the favor in a more official fashion with the GFX Artist rank.

Sincerely,

Stand United

Stand say that while this music plays :)

(perfect)

OALN: GRATs :)

:wow:!!!!!!!!!!

rofl . I will be right here waiting for you TJ.  :wub:

severed arow

i thought you had to have 200 post count? stand doesnt even have 100 ? Myabe its changed he does deserve his rank though :) maybe your just so good the pc got forgotten ;)

He's so epic i put his speech into voice!

hehehehe

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(This is what i do when i'm bored tbh :) )

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr4dWAvPX9s&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr4dWAvPX9s&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr4dWAvPX9s&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>