[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Home training related

Alcohol

So i want to start gaining weight again (wanna focus on mass) since ive lost alot of weight but the problem is i dont have acsess to a gym close to my home so i want to start training at home for a short while(6 months) but any1 has experience with this like will i still gain muscle or mass? 

Basic exercises mate

Press Ups/ Different variations of press ups

Bodyweight Squats/Lunges

lots of stuff you can do and yes youll gain muscle of course if its a structured program and intense enough. Don't expect loads of gains but you will gain.

I would recommend finding some bands online to add resistance or using stuff from around the house. 

f320ea259dbf6d454f611ec887903fd1.png

Just now, NiK0 said:

Bicebs from monday to saturday, sunday is chest day + only eat icecream and cheese

? If you dont know what to post just dont post instead of farming postcount mate..

CardizemDrip

i used to bodybuild, and have been working out at home for months now due to corona. it's not the same, depending on what you have - but you can still lose weight and "tone" up and at least look athletic. 

you can pm on discord if you'd like 

get gymnastic rings, you can do a lot with them and they're not expensive. somehow find a way to do pull-ups and dips at least

google calisthenics for inspiration. aspiring to gain weight as fat("mass?") while doing calisthenics is a bit counter productive though

If you have no equipment, try using items around the house to add weight to your basic exercises, E.g - Pressups with weight on your back, Lunges with weight in each hand, etc.

42 minutes ago, b3eplyy said:

get gymnastic rings, you can do a lot with them and they're not expensive. somehow find a way to do pull-ups and dips at least

google calisthenics for inspiration. aspiring to gain weight as fat("mass?") while doing calisthenics is a bit counter productive though

Yea i wanted to do power or strength training (bench press/squats/ dls ect) for mass but i cant do that at home

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

Calisthenics if you have no equipment but don't expect it to build a lot of mass, you can get really strong just don't expect to get big

I dont really wanna get 'big' i just want to gain mass/weight for now since iv been through a rough time and iv lost alot of weight and im already a skinny dude lol

1. Get an axe & a backpack

2. Put the axe in the backpack

3. Go take a run in the woods

4. Open your backpack and take the axe out

5. Choppa Choppa

6. Lift some heavy logs

7. ?????

8. !!!!!!!

Yes, you can absolutely gain strength and muscle but you wont get huge like others have said. Pick a primary pressing movement, pulling movement, and leg movement. Personally I'd suggest doing push ups for your pressing movement (do perfect form, then add weight), chin ups with one of those bars you put in your door for your pulling movement, and pistol squats for your leg movement. Focus on consistently progressing in these in terms of weight (ideally) or reps over time. Google calisthenics stuff for accessories and other movements. I agree with Craig that resistance bands are a good idea for home training.

4 years in the military, body weight exercises is all you need. If you do enough pull ups, push ups and sit ups you can't go far wrong. Add in some core exercises like the plank etc and you're flying. A gym helps, obviously but not completely necessary. 

3 hours ago, Penguin said:

1. Get an axe & a backpack

2. Put the axe in the backpack

3. Go take a run in the woods

4. Open your backpack and take the axe out

5. Choppa Choppa

6. Lift some heavy logs

7. ?????

8. !!!!!!!

Also, don't do this. 

It's a good idea but the amount of people I was in the army with and ended up with serious back issues at a young age just by putting bricks in their bags and running is horrendous. You need to balance the weight and use a good backpack. Your hips should support most of the weight to be honest. It should feel comfortable. 

1 hour ago, zl8l said:

Yes, you can absolutely gain strength and muscle but you wont get huge like others have said. Pick a primary pressing movement, pulling movement, and leg movement. Personally I'd suggest doing push ups for your pressing movement (do perfect form, then add weight), chin ups with one of those bars you put in your door for your pulling movement, and pistol squats for your leg movement. Focus on consistently progressing in these in terms of weight (ideally) or reps over time. Google calisthenics stuff for accessories and other movements. I agree with Craig that resistance bands are a good idea for home training.

I dont plan to get huge.i just want to get back in shape and gain some strenght/mass 

Not rlly the best for gaining mass, it's way easier with some proper gym equipment at least..where you can do the 4 big exercises etc. Haven't been able to go the gym for like 3 months myself lmao, only lost like 3-5 kg I think tho and alot of shape ofc. Still over 100 kgs tho and back on the grind now. 😎 What's your height/kg @Alcohol

14 hours ago, Alcohol said:

I dont really wanna get 'big' i just want to gain mass/weight for now since iv been through a rough time and iv lost alot of weight and im already a skinny dude lol

predominant thing for you will be diet - you need to consume enough calories vs the exercise you perform to gain mass, can't have a calorie deficit to gain mass.

idk peoples opinions on them but a mass gainer along with a large balanced protein filled diet will get you off the starting blocks

im sure you know low rep high weight = good for mass/strength, high rep lower weight = better for the tone

use the exercises people have mentioned above, push urself to the limit every workout & you'll see progress in weeks 

don't fall into the habit of comparing urself to ur last workout, set monthly weight goals etc