Kruck
Polar
TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

Free 100k mage xp/h (more than NMZ), with some HP xp

Chip Dump

Thought I'd upload a quick guide on how some peeps might choose to do a bit of their magic training. This requires 70 attack.

Splashing to 99 mage is the easiest way but it also costs a fortune (100-200m). As does bursting in MM tunnels, or even fire waving in NMZ.

Black salamander ammo costs 3ea (harralander tar) and you can get up to 28k/h mage xp, and 18.6k/h hp xp, just straight afk training like this. On mains with elite void, you can get rates nearer 30-35k/h. (Splashing is similar XP/h with fire surge but with no HP xp, and it costs 500gp a cast). 

This 66% hp xp (far more than normal) could be really good for people who don't have a lot of time to actively train their accounts and might otherwise do HP-less methods, like alching or splashing. Mixing in a bit of this will help get you to 99 hp by the time you max.

If you add in alchs, you can bring your mage xp rate up to 90-95kish an hour. If you add in a charge each time you're able to do so, you're looking at over 100k mage xp an hour. Providing you use profitable alchs while doing this (use alchmate.com), you can make money getting to 99 magic, with some HP XP, and do it pretty quickly. 

jzqjd73.png

Again, these are 1 mage defence, so use your best melee tank gear and occult + tormented brace. Boost up using imbued heart if you have it (sally damage scales) or divine/regular magic pots.

gW7j2Ot.png

Won't be for everyone, but hopefully it'll help one or two people out - in particular those who are struggling for the GP for 99 mage. 

Edited by Chip Dump

I find it interesting but it defeats the purpose of being afk tho... its a good option for those that are poor i guess?

imo if i was gonna have the trouble of alching during hits, i would rather do it at nmz while fire surging

Edited by easts_baws
7 minutes ago, easts_baws said:

I find it interesting but it defeats the purpose of being afk tho... its a good option for those that are poor i guess?

imo if i was gonna have the trouble of alching during hits, i would rather do it at nmz while fire surging

You can't alch in NMZ. 

Even if you could, the fact that you're not always going to be under attack by 4 NPCs (more likely 1-2), you're going to end up missing attacks. On top of that, you'd need to be using pray pots and then money on casts. NMZ NPCs also have base defence. 

Edited by Chip Dump
6 minutes ago, Chip Dump said:

You can't alch in NMZ. 

Even if you could, the fact that you're not always going to be under attack by 4 NPCs (more likely 1-2), you're going to end up missing attacks. On top of that, you'd need to be using pray pots and then money on casts. 

Hmm i though you could, but yeah, like i said imo this would only apply to poor people since fire surging is kinda afk and gets you 90kxp/h. Also, the time you're gonna waste not being afk and alching, you could be doing 3m/h vorkath or smth

Dont get me wrong tho, its an interesting guide despite what i stated above

Edited by easts_baws
Just now, easts_baws said:

Hmm i though you could, but yeah, like i said imo this would only apply to poor people since fire surging this kinda afk and gets you 90kxp/h. Also the time you're gonna waste not being afk and alching, you could be doing 3m/h vorkath or smth

Dont get me wrong tho, its an interesting guide depite what i stated above

Agree - it's not how I did my own, but thought I'd put it out there as an option; see a lot of guys rock up to the CC wanting to max to join Foe but not having the money to do it. Normally write these guides up to show them the options for how to get their accounts maxed within their budgets. This is the only profitable way I can think of that gives decent xp rates, both in mage and hp.

18 minutes ago, Chip Dump said:

Agree - it's not how I did my own, but thought I'd put it out there as an option; see a lot of guys rock up to the CC wanting to max to join Foe but not having the money to do it. Normally write these guides up to show them the options for how to get their accounts maxed within their budgets. This is the only profitable way I can think of that gives decent xp rates, both in mage and hp.

yep seems good! Also posted some thoughs on your great guide about building a maxed account in 2 months if you wanna check it out 🙂

3 minutes ago, Tribey0 said:

Ty for this, but splashing the og way costs 6 max 

WYM? On current prices, you're talking anywhere between 29m (and 850 hours of splashing!) and about 110m and about 250-300 hours.

brrK49s.png

25 minutes ago, Chip Dump said:

WYM? On current prices, you're talking anywhere between 29m (and 850 hours of splashing!) and about 110m and about 250-300 hours.

brrK49s.png

it doesn tmake thta much difference but uncheck the air and ifre runes 😛

5 minutes ago, easts_baws said:

it doesn tmake thta much difference but uncheck the air and ifre runes 😛

True true

23 minutes ago, Rites said:

I hear you can also apply this salamander method on Rage members at GDZ

Can confirm. XP rates are low though; they die too fast and take too long to return.

4 hours ago, Chip Dump said:

brrK49s.png

Smoke staff and you only need 600-800k casts I'm sure