COVID-19 Discussion

Remy

23 minutes ago, Proccy said:

think you only have to look at the numbers in Italy to see how bad things can get

Anyone who doesn't think this is serious should go read this: 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/who-gets-hospital-bed/607807/

This hasn't even started yet - not tackled properly it'll get a lot worse - and they're already having to consider who will be allowed to run out of air...

Legit, to anyone (not Proccy), if you think this is overhyped you should go read some shit about pandemics, or the Spanish Flu epidemic that wiped out 50m people just two generations ago. 

Edited by Chip Dump
12 minutes ago, Chip Dump said:

Anyone who doesn't think this is serious should go read this: 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/who-gets-hospital-bed/607807/

This hasn't even started yet - not tackled properly it'll get a lot worse - and they're already having to consider who will be allowed to run out of air...

Legit, to anyone (not Proccy), if you think this is overhyped you should go read some shit about pandemics, or the Spanish Flu epidemic that wiped out 50m people just two generations ago. 

Nigga it aint 1918.

I live in California too. Some of the university's have closed for the semester (academia work is done remotely). My university is closed till Apr. 6th!

No toilet paper, no eggs, no milk, chicken and other frozen foods selling out all across super retails across the country in usa. 

People are definently over reacting mass buying food that expires instead of nonparachables imo.  

Currently out of state and have witness this in two states.

Edited by loud

Infected ppl in belgium rising quickly (More than 200 ppl everyday (keep in mind that the real number is much higher because we only test ppl in risk groups)) aswell as the number of people dying (rose with 5 ppl in 1 day)

i think we have more than 2000 cases right now (keep in mind we only have 11m ppl and the number is growing exponentially)

schools closed, most ppl work from home for atleast 2 weeks. We are probably going on fully lockdown (like in italy u can’t go outside if u don’t have a permit)

restaurants and hotels are srsly fucked

ppl buying out the stores like retards

Not only old people get infected. We have more ppl under 50 y/o on intensive care than 50 plussers

Edited by Yentll

The US is a few days behind Italy, which means we are at where Italy was during the middle of last week.

It’ll get worse. They’ve already closed down gyms and schools in my state, and restaurants/bars are for take-out only.

I feel like stores and gyms etc will be closed for half a year here, we are doing a 3 week lockdown in the netherlands right now but there's no way that things will be just fine after that.

1 hour ago, London2nyc said:

The US is a few days behind Italy, which means we are at where Italy was during the middle of last week.

It’ll get worse. They’ve already closed down gyms and schools in my state, and restaurants/bars are for take-out only.

I'm a proffesional chef and you're a liar. Batonet carrots and celery next to a pile a wings is not michelin star and you fucking know it it. Gravy covered steaks ona pile of mashed potatoes next to a sloppy pile of green beans? fuck off dude

Personally its all a bit fucked up. The goverment know fuck all about it and u can see they're all shitting themselves, they just expected a easy pay day. which people see them worried and panic buy like retards. Ik most of the uk is completely fucked for shopping, with it feeling liek a scene out of walking dead when i went shopping yesterday. 

Its the same here in Norway @Remy. Everything closed besides foodshops and medicineshops. I think the numbers are really inaccurate cause theres so many ppl that havent even been tested in all countries, so theres probs way more ppl affected than we know as of now. WHO already announced this an epidemic so theres nothing to take light off even if youre young and will most likely survive, ppl need to think about their elders(parents, grandparents) etc who actually can die from it since theres no certain cure out as of now. I think this is only the beginning aswell, this will last for a long time and you can only assume how many that will get affected and die from this but also the repercussions... 

Edited by ceZa

We got a curfew now where we live, all gyms, restaurants, bars, and nightclubs are all closed, but tbh I think it's a good thing just needs to be sorted out within economical concerns in mind