Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Build a maxed pure in 2 months

Chip Dump

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated this guide with a suggestion on high-hp low cost mage training: black salamanders. Essentially free, 30k mage xp an hour and 20k hp xp an hour (really high HP compared with other methods).

Ranged

I tried your guide for training ranged on my 25 def acc im building. Heres my thoughs:

- Chaos druids are a nice way to start with and i didnt have many problems (most problems were due to my high cb because i trained mage + hp before hand)

- Lesser demons in the rev caves were masssive xp like stated in the post and was cool. The bad part is that i got camped alot in the rev caves. Due to this fact i consider the use of chaps a must. The chance of having them splash the TB on me is crucial. Also, if they land the TB, the chaps mage def bonus will increase tremendously the chance of you surviving the enemy by making them splash the bind spells and decrease their dmg output.

- After reaching 70 ranged i started chinning right away and was getting 275k xp/h. Imo the amount of xp you can get when chinning at 70 ranged is totally worth it. You waste tons of money aswell staying at lesser's and also your xp is like half or even less due to pkers (you can also lose money to them).

- After reaching 75 ranged i tested blowpiping at nmz and was getting 85k xp/h. Since at chinning i was getting 300k+ xp/h at this point i decided to keep chinning whenever i didnt need to be afk. To be fair, you get 4x more xp at chinning, that means you can use the rest of the time you would be blowpiping not needing to afk to make money or wtvr and its worth it.

Magic

Regarding maging in NMZ you can get 90k xp/h using fire surge since lvl 80 or something by using overloads. Using dust devils you can get like 120k xp/h i would say.

For bursting at mm1 tunnels i was getting 185k xp/h i believe

NMZ

Regarding NMZ i checked the bosses defence level and i swapped bouncer (on ur pic) for the sand snake, which has the lowest defence of em all.

just some thoughs after trying it your guide 🙂

2 minutes ago, easts_baws said:

Ranged

I tried your guide for training ranged on my 25 def acc im building. Heres my thoughs:

- Chaos druids are a nice way to start with and i didnt have many problems (most problems were due to my high cb because i trained mage + hp before hand)

- Lesser demons in the rev caves were masssive xp like stated in the post and was cool. The bad part is that i got camped alot in the rev caves. Due to this fact i consider the use of chaps a must. The chance of having them splash the TB on me is crucial. Also, if they land the TB, the chaps mage def bonus will increase tremendously the chance of you surviving the enemy by making them splash the bind spells and decrease their dmg output.

- After reaching 70 ranged i started chinning right away and was getting 275k xp/h. Imo the amount of xp you can get when chinning at 70 ranged is totally worth it. You waste tons of money aswell staying at lesser's and also your xp is like half or even less due to pkers (you can also lose money to them).

- After reaching 75 ranged i tested blowpiping at nmz and was getting 85k xp/h. Since at chinning i was getting 300k+ xp/h at this point i decided to keep chinning whenever i didnt need to be afk. To be fair, you get 4x more xp at chinning, that means you can use the rest of the time you would be blowpiping not needing to afk to make money or wtvr and its worth it.

Magic

Regarding maging in NMZ you can get 90k xp/h using fire surge since lvl 80 or something by using overloads. Using dust devils you can get like 120k xp/h i would say.

For bursting at mm1 tunnels i was getting 185k xp/h i believe

NMZ

Regarding NMZ i checked the bosses defence level and i swapped bouncer (on ur pic) for the sand snake, which has the lowest defence of em all.

just some thoughs after trying it your guide 🙂

Thanks for this. Glad it helped you out. Did you park an account at the entrance to lesser demons. I think I got attacked only once in the day I spent there. If you park your cannon more west you'll be less visible to pkers running from the east, which might otherwise see the cannonballs flying across the map. Definitely wouldn't recommend lessers without a bait account, but you're less likely to get attacked there than the almost every-30-minute interruptions at chaos druids. 

GJ on the pure 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Creamman said:

very nice, roughly, howmuch does 85-99range cost via chins? just an estimate

I'd say probably roughly 60m of chins if you don't full afk.

22 hours ago, Creamman said:

very nice, roughly, howmuch does 85-99range cost via chins? just an estimate

Not 100% sure about XP rates - you could make a whole entire guide about chinning to be honest. 

Just off the top of my head (it's now been almost a year since I was there), 300-400k/h xp seems reasonable, with grey/red chins, at 1,400 chins an hour approx? So for about 25 hours of chins, you're looking at, say, 37k chins (fewer if you're using red chins) and enough pray pots to sustain yourself. 

It's one of those really - it depends what chins you're using, whether you're good at chinning and will focus on screen to make good piles (and whether you die lol!), what your pray level is, what gear you're using, whether you'll be using +10% range pray. 

@Paul`'s suggestion of 60m sounds about right to me. You're probably looking at 45m-70m depending on the factors above.

Maybe you can drop back your answer when you're done @Creamman so others can use it for reference later. Welcome to the forums and gl on app to Foe.

Edited by Chip Dump
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...