Kruck
Polar
TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

FOE FITNESS THREAD

Fakied

So with our Leader @Danny getting motivated and into the gym; I figured I'd share some of my knowledge/guidance on the gym. Over the next few weeks I'll be posting workouts for beginners/intermediates to try on their own. I'll do my best to describe each workout but you can always use Bodybuilding.com if I am not available. Some of you may be more knowledgeable than me on certain topics so please feel free to post your own experiences/insights. @Steroids if you're still around on the forums had some great advice when I was a young FOE member back in 2011. ONE THING I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH IS: NEVER EGO LIFT!! NEVER SACRIFICE FORM FOR WEIGHT!! Below is a simple yet effective 5 day split.

Disclaimer: If you do not know your Personal Record/PR or 1 Rep Max/ 1RM for a workout, use this calculator to find out:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/other7.htm

Monday - Back & Biceps

IN ALL WORKOUTS SETS ARE FROM 6 - 12 ( IF YOU CAN DO MORE THAN 12 INCREASE YOUR WEIGHT, IF YOU CAN'T DO 6 RACK IT DROP AS LITTLE WEIGHT AS POSSIBLE AND FINISH UNTIL FAILURE/6 REPS ACHIEVED)

Start by stretching with 5lb weights, moving arms parallel to the floor shoulder height stretching from center of chest to just behind your shoulders

Then rotate over head to parallel to your body very slow on both stretches, it’s just a stretch!!!

·         Bench Press - warm up low weight get comfortable for 1 set of about 20

3 Sets of Bench Press (increasing weight 60% of PR, 70% and 80% of PR)

·         Decline bench - no need to warm up, you should be warm from bench/stretching

3 sets of Decline Bench (Increasing weight  55% PR, 65% PR, 75% PR)

·         Incline bench - (This will be possibly your weakest workout)

3 sets of Incline Bench (DECREASING WEIGHT)

·         Fly Machine - (If your gym does not have a fly machine, try dumbbell flies or cable flies)

4 set of Flies ( Challenging weight ~75% 1RM for 8-12 reps increasing each set but maintaining 8-12 reps, FIND YOUR WEIGHT WEEK BY WEEK INCREASE)

SUPER SET

·        EZ-Curl Bar straight arm Raises (Raising ez-curl bar Palms up from waist without resting on your hips to slight above your eyebrows with straight arms should width apart, Squeeze chest at the top)

1 set(s) of raises (find a challenging weight you can hold at top for at least 1 second, increasing each set but maintaining 8-12 reps, FIND YOUR WEIGHT WEEK BY WEEK INCREASE)

·        EZ-Curl Bar upright rows (Raising easy curl bar palms down bending elbows away from torso at shoulder height hands close together on bar, hands to chest)

1 set(s) of upright rows (find a challenging weight you can hold at top for at least 1 second, increasing each set but maintaining 8-12 reps, FIND YOUR WEIGHT WEEK BY WEEK INCREASE)

·        EZ-Curl Bar straight arm Raises (Raising ez-curl bar Palms up from waist without resting on your hips to slight above your eyebrows with straight arms should width apart, Squeeze chest at the top)

1 set(s) of raises (find a challenging weight you can hold at top for at least 1 second, increasing each set but maintaining 8-12 reps, FIND YOUR WEIGHT WEEK BY WEEK INCREASE)

·        EZ-Curl Bar upright rows (Raising easy curl bar palms down bending elbows away from torso at shoulder height hands close together on bar, hands to chest)

1 set(s) of upright rows (find a challenging weight you can hold at top for at least 1 second, increasing each set but maintaining 8-12 reps, FIND YOUR WEIGHT WEEK BY WEEK INCREASE)

SUPER SET COMPLETE

TRICEPS

(find challenging but comfortable weight)

4 Sets of Triceps pull-downs with rope - using V-shaped robe start from 90 degree arm angle and push arms straight by hips (do not bend wrist or utilize shoulders for this workout, just tighten your triceps)

4 Sets of dumbbell triceps extensions - one knee on a flat bench, 1 on floor palm on head of bench maintain a straight back, arm from 90 degrees extend arm backwards to be level with your back by tightening your triceps, hold at top; 1 arm at a time, which ever foot is on floor)

4 Sets of Skull crushers - hold EZ-curl bar or straight bar in front of your chest arms straight out palms facing feet, slowly bend arms towards face until it taps your hairline, then slowly press arms back to straight position. (Can utilize incline bench for more strain on triceps instead of flat bench)

SUPER SUPER SET

Bent-over Cable extensions - (Low weight using single cable hold ball/cable stopper in your hand like an o, bend over forwards ~120 degree angle) Extend arm backwards while holding chest with other hand, 8-12 reps then switch to other side)

NO BREAK RIGHT INTO NEXT EXERCISE

Straight bar cable extensions - ( take a step back from the cable, same concept as the V-shaped rope, from 90 degrees extend arms to locked position 8-12 reps)

NO BREAK RIGHT INTO NEXT EXERCISE

Close Grip Bench - (Just inside shoulder width, tucking elbows, and lowering weight towards bottom of rib-cage, NOT over CHEST; extend arms to just before locking position and repeat 8-12 reps)

NO BREAK RIGHT BACK TO FIRST EXERCISE DO ALL THREE EXERCISES 4X

BURN OUT SETS

Dumbbell Press - (Just like bench press, just with dumbbells and until muscle failure for 3 sets)

INCLINE DUMBBELL PRESS - (Just like incline bench press, just with dumbbells and until muscle failure for 3 sets)

V-Shaped Rope triceps Pull-down - (Starting light do as many perfect form reps as possible until muscle failure, increase by 5 lbs or 2 kg and continue until you cannot achieve 1 rep, then work your way back to starting weight as many reps as possible)

Core Super Set

Hello Dollies - Lying on back pick legs 6 in or 15 cm off ground open and close legs for 1 minute

Leg Lifts - Lying on back pick legs 6 in or 15 cm off ground raise 1 leg at a time to 20 in or 50 cm off ground for 1 minute

Seated Trunk Twists - (You can do these weighted or unweighted) sit with legs slightly off ground, and back nearly 90 degrees; twisting core and touching both palms on deck on each side of your body for 1 minute

Hanging double Leg Lifts - (VERY CHALLENGING FOR BEGINNERS: I recommend chalk) Hanging from pull up bar raise legs from straight up and down to the bar and slowly lower down holding your core tight (as many reps as possible)

Classic crunches - (If you can utilize a decline bench do so, also recommend holding a 25 lb or 11 kg plate on your upper chest) Crunch with no breaks for 1 minute

I WILL POST TUESDAY TOMORROW

Tuesday - BACK & BICEPS

I'm not a fan of this. For beginners this is overkill, all they need to do is hit a 3x5 on bench twice a week and maybe 3x12 incline dumbbells for extra volume as second exercise and their chest will grow. This workout will leave your chest annihilated and not ready for another sessions, so I'm assuming you do chest once a week while 2/3 frequency with the volume spaced out is much more effective for natural athletes of any level.

Front raises are a waste of energy and time, ohp/bench hit ur front delts more than enough. Upright rows cause shoulder issues for many, rather do lateral raises for the side delts.

Triceps don't need nearly as much volume, pressing and 8 isolation sets is sufficient.

Burnout sets are a complete waste of time, this will only severely hurt your recovery while also not bringing any gains.

Decline bench is an exercise nobody should do really.

For intermediates this does not seem to provide any periodization so it's not very effective.

There is a lack of focus on strength training, strength and size go hand in hand and both should be worked on.

You get a big ass pump from this though

23 hours ago, Dynamic said:

I'm not a fan of this. For beginners this is overkill, all they need to do is hit a 3x5 on bench twice a week and maybe 3x12 incline dumbbells for extra volume as second exercise and their chest will grow. This workout will leave your chest annihilated and not ready for another sessions, so I'm assuming you do chest once a week while 2/3 frequency with the volume spaced out is much more effective for natural athletes of any level.

Front raises are a waste of energy and time, ohp/bench hit ur front delts more than enough. Upright rows cause shoulder issues for many, rather do lateral raises for the side delts.

Triceps don't need nearly as much volume, pressing and 8 isolation sets is sufficient.

Burnout sets are a complete waste of time, this will only severely hurt your recovery while also not bringing any gains.

Decline bench is an exercise nobody should do really.

For intermediates this does not seem to provide any periodization so it's not very effective.

There is a lack of focus on strength training, strength and size go hand in hand and both should be worked on.

You get a big ass pump from this though