Kruck
Polar
TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

Training ranged at NMZ

Ferocious

So I have been training ranged at NMZ for the last week and since i'm going for 99 ranged i decided to calculate how much I will be losing per game and figured it might help some of you guys out lol maybe not but we'll see XD

Without using NMZ Points

For my games I have been using a blowpipe with adamant darts and I am currently 88 ranged.

In a full NMZ game I used: 1527 Adamant Darts. 3778 Zulrah Scales, 21 Prayer Pots + Holy Wrench & 26kk Fee

This added up to me spending 1.385m and I gained 200k exp in ranged from the entire game.

1.385m / 200k exp = 6.925gp / exp (Not including NMZ points)

Im currently 4.5m exp into ranged and I will be losing 6.925m for every 1m ranged exp I get and I need another 8m so I will be losing 56m (almost half when using herb boxes, i am not sure how it will scale with using other thins like snape grass etc)

With using NMZ Points

When including NMZ points which will be for me personally will be herb boxes, according to the wiki they are roughly 10.5k per box which seems pretty accurate

I gained 539,233 points and herb boxes cost 9500 points per box. This means I can buy 56.76 herb boxes which means I'd make around 595k per game.

1.385m - 595k = 790k loss

790k / 200k exp = 3.95gp / exp (Including NMZ points with herb boxes)

Im currently 4.5m exp into ranged and I will be losing 3.95m for every 1m ranged exp I get and I need another 8m so I'm going to be losing like 30m lol, probably more until I can use up all my points onto herb boxes since you can only buy 15 per day..

Hopefully this helps you guys and if you guys have a better alternative to training ranged that is less costly then please let me know lol

Just now, ceZa said:

cheaper to use mith darts but if you can afford addy then great. 

Some people told me that adamant darts are better and my main loss was in the zulrah scales since they cost so much but yea I don't know for sure

Is there any reason pure don't default to absorption method? I've been getting 93k xp / hour at low 90s range levels including breaks to reset NMZ. Should be 97k - 100k xp / hr once I hit 94ish.

All it costs me is scales and mith darts. And now I have 6M+ points for imbueds.

1 hour ago, F Them All said:

Some people told me that adamant darts are better and my main loss was in the zulrah scales since they cost so much but yea I don't know for sure

It's slightly better but costs like 100 gp more per dart so it depends if you're willing to use a good amount of extra gp for a slightly more exp rate p/hour I guess.                                          @Sickmager5 probs cause it's much less afkable, and cause you last much longer with p pots so you get more exp and points per round. 

Edited by ceZa
On 1/25/2019 at 3:16 PM, ceZa said:

@Sickmager5 probs cause it's much less afkable, and cause you last much longer with p pots so you get more exp and points per round. 

With bank right there, I'd think "transaction costs" of banking are minimal. Full invent of ppots is ~$250k. At 200k xp per inventory, that's roughly 35 inventories from 92 to 99. 35 * $250k = $8.75m in ppots saved.

I'll admit that's not as much of a difference as I thought... I'll update with more accurate numbers soon.

FYI, over the course of two to three hours of NMZ for each alternative, addy darts only made a 4k xp / hr difference at 95 ranged.

Edited by Sickmager5
On 1/29/2019 at 12:03 PM, Richy ranger said:

Nice guide man. What kinda gear do u use?

Mitre, holy sandals, black d hide vamb, d'hide chaps, monk robe top, anguish, avas, blessing and blowpipe

• 2 weeks later...