Kruck
Polar
TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

D72's fairly recent gallery

d72

Beginner. Some tips for you to improve: Don't over effect your signatures. Simplicity is the key. Add some depth to give it the flow it needs. Check out a Depth tutorial on google to understand the concept. Blend your renders. Blend them into the flow (direction) your effects are going to. Text is really not needed in a signature, keep it simple.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• d72

• Spittles (Old School)

• Li.

• Advent

Thanks for the comment,

However I don't take joy in adding text to my signatures, I only add it in either because somebody wants it on it or because I'm bored and don't feel like seeing my signatures plastered all over other websites with "Pkkill0r222222758976984570639" or whoever's name branded on it using MSPaint.

Most of this work is super old, and when I mean super old the Samus one at the bottom was archived in 2007.

I know the concept of flow lol, if there's no flow in any of those signatures then obviously something's wrong with me.

I use the amount of effects in my signatures that appeases me, I generally don't make art to please other people as much as I feel it is necessary to look at my own piece of work and say "That's good the way it is."

"Beginner"... The term "beginner" mainly applies to people who have absolutely no concept of how to use the tool, and considering I've had it downloaded and installed on every computer I've owned for the past 5 years of my life I'm pretty sure calling me a "beginner" is an incorrect term. Sure I'm not the best photoshopper there is out there, I never said I was. Photoshop amateur? Absolutely, you're considered an "amateur" if your work is not being credited for by people who actually matter, and considering you and I are from a RuneScape board, there's not much else to say in regards to that topic. But to look at my work and call me a  beginner and treat me as if I've had the program for a week? Hmm.

Thank you for the constructive criticism though.

Thanks for the comment,

However I don't take joy in adding text to my signatures, I only add it in either because somebody wants it on it or because I'm bored and don't feel like seeing my signatures plastered all over other websites with "Pkkill0r222222758976984570639" or whoever's name branded on it using MSPaint.

Most of this work is super old, and when I mean super old the Samus one at the bottom was archived in 2007.

I know the concept of flow lol, if there's no flow in any of those signatures then obviously something's wrong with me.

I use the amount of effects in my signatures that appeases me, I generally don't make art to please other people as much as I feel it is necessary to look at my own piece of work and say "That's good the way it is."

"Beginner"... The term "beginner" mainly applies to people who have absolutely no concept of how to use the tool, and considering I've had it downloaded and installed on every computer I've owned for the past 5 years of my life I'm pretty sure calling me a "beginner" is an incorrect term. Sure I'm not the best photoshopper there is out there, I never said I was. Photoshop amateur? Absolutely, you're considered an "amateur" if your work is not being credited for by people who actually matter, and considering you and I are from a RuneScape board, there's not much else to say in regards to that topic. But to look at my work and call me a  beginner and treat me as if I've had the program for a week? Hmm.

Thank you for the constructive criticism though.

I apologize if that term takes a stab out of your pride. Of course, I understand tastes, opinions, and other things people like on their graphics work. Calling you a beginner isn't necessarily saying you owned that program for a week. I'm seriously not trying to start anything especially on a Runescape Clan Forum lmao. I'm just voicing my opinion on all the work I've seen from everyone during 7 years of non-stop graphics work. There's a common trend that people seem to follow, such as a ladder from beginner to advanced. For the most part, alot of people who make signatures as a form and style as yours probably don't use it that much and Graphic Artists can see if a person knows what he/she is doing. I can see you have knowledge of the Photoshop works, as C4D's fractals, Overlay Patterns, but I'm calling you a beginner from my viewpoint which can be argued and it wasn't really intended to hurt your feelings. Sorry if it did. It'd be great if you could show older work because I love to see the improvments people make. Sorry. I just looked at the signatures, and judged them. Sorry for disregarding the things you posted also with your signatures.

Well yeah, there's no doubt that I kind of looked at the post and went "woah what's going on", but regardless I still thank you for your constructive criticism. Honesty tends to be key in the whole process of constructive criticism, otherwise people wouldn't be generally learning anything from it at all.

Although I obviously have not dedicated the majority of my time to my graphics work, especially recently, I guess one could say that yeah, perhaps I do need work in regards to what I produce with the program.

And seriously, you'd be suprised seeing the amount of random people nobody has ever seen before coming here and acting as if they know absolutely everything about the program lol, it's not really new, so I apologize if I seemed to have taken heavy defense towards your claims.

You're obviously talented with the program yourself, and seriously I hope you stick around as well  ^_^

The samus one is my favorite one. The newer one (closer to the top). I noticed there is no full border around any of the sigs, any reason? I like the top and bottom bars, like a widescreen movie. Just wondering why you choose to use those frequently.

The samus one is my favorite one. The newer one (closer to the top). I noticed there is no full border around any of the sigs, any reason? I like the top and bottom bars, like a widescreen movie. Just wondering why you choose to use those frequently.

I used to use full borders all the time in my old old work (which begins before the 2007 Samus tag at the bottom), but I just started getting sick of the way they looked; which is why I use widescreen borders if I do happen to use them  :Hi:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Gareth l Rare

I like 1st one but not feeling 2nd one, the colours clash too much imo

Glad your back though man <3

Also, 2nd girls lips on 1st girl = sex sex sex

• 2 months later...

Thats very cool Cassa seems to be very cool I love sketches. Do you have any  colored pics of her?

Im happy that one more person is posting here in the Gallery. Very nice your art is. Post more, OK? See ya