Polar
TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

My fitness transformation

88 Sins

Hey guys,

awesome to see that there is actually a fitness related post here on the forums, with alot of useful information.

I would like to share my fitness journey with you guys, been working out now for 5 years.

-Top left picture, was after I dieted, without any knowledge about nutrition, nor fitness.  i was basically starving myself to get a 6 pack.

-top right picture is after I dirty bulked for 2/3 years, but I knew the basic information about nutrition and training.  I wasn't eating clean, just loads of calories, the only thing that I was making sure of  was that I had enough protein intake for each day whilst heavy lifting. I made loads of gains here, but put on ALOT of fat aswell.

bottom left picture is when I took my diet seriously, to get shredded for the summer, and started counting my macros/calories each day with the app MyFitnesspal

:bottom right picture is the end state of my 10 week diet, I went from 86KG to 78KG 

e7f7eg.jpg

Current shape 10ihxsn.jpg

@Khnemu

3 minutes ago, `Patrick` said:

Nice gains man. What did you do for Ab excersizes? 

Thanks bro, I hardly do any ab exercises, I only do planks to strengthen the core, the only thing you have to do to get abs is drop body fat.. and you work the core more then enough, when you tighten your core whilst doing heavy deadlifts & benchpresses. 

1 hour ago, 88 Sins said:

Thanks bro, I hardly do any ab exercises, I only do planks to strengthen the core, the only thing you have to do to get abs is drop body fat.. and you work the core more then enough, when you tighten your core whilst doing heavy deadlifts & benchpresses. 

Yeah, I suppose it just takes time. I'm 5'11 160 right now. Trying to get to 180 again(cleanly). Thanks tho.

2 minutes ago, `Patrick` said:

Yeah, I suppose it just takes time. I'm 5'11 160 right now. Trying to get to 180 again(cleanly). Thanks tho.

dont be afraid to put on fat, if you want to gain muscle. you a hard gainer? and no problem mate.

3 minutes ago, ceZa said:

damn nice gainz dude. the hardest thing, imo,  is being on a diet really, it really sucks and doesnt really work over a long period(speaking for myself) 

thanks man, and yeah dieting is awful, less strength, grumpy as fk, and low sex drive lol, thats why i prefer to stay a little bit higher in bodyfat, and yes for me a diet only works for a short period of time aswell, because later I just just fall back into normal patterns of eating, atleast thats my experience with (eating clean) thats why i take a normal approach with dieting.  I track my macros, and make sure I hit my protein intake each day. 

1 minute ago, 88 Sins said:

thanks man, and yeah dieting is awful, less strength, grumpy as fk, and low sex drive lol, thats why i prefer to stay a little bit higher in bodyfat, and yes for me a diet only works for a short period of time aswell, because later I just just fall back into normal patterns of eating, atleast thats my experience with (eating clean) thats why i take a normal approach with dieting.  I track my macros, and make sure I hit my protein intake each day. 

Yw. Yea I'll definetly pm you a bit later on here or disc if you dont mind to get some tips and shit. Im working out quite a lot these days got alot of motivation but kinda want to try out a diet ?

2 minutes ago, ceZa said:

Yw. Yea I'll definetly pm you a bit later on here or disc if you dont mind to get some tips and shit. Im working out quite a lot these days got alot of motivation but kinda want to try out a diet ?

yeah sure bro no problem!

5 minutes ago, London2nyc said:

Good looks

What’s your workout routine/regiment? PPL? Or something else?

yes I do push/pull/legs and train 6 times a week, so I hit every muscle group twice a week

first 3 days of push/pull/legs is more strength based, so 3-5 reps on heavy compound lifts, and the focus is on progressive overload, so more weight added each week, or more sets/less rest time between sets. 

and other 3 days is more focused on muscle hypertrophy, so 10-12 reps on each exercise and I try to emphasize more on muscle mind connection and good contraction and not weight