Kruck
Teleporting
[ Warlord ] [ Council ] don
Lay
TBR

Tips/Advice

Niklaus Mikaelson

Niklaus Mikaelson

My dad took a hobby in body building so he does that in his free time. I don't really get along with him, but I have a home gym that has pretty much the essentials.

Kinda just looking for tips on a better mindset (not giving up etc)

What's the best program or "method". Such as; Lifting w Reps ( how many etc..)

Will post what I have in my house. 

Technique>weight

did my first year 12-10-8-6 (hypertrophy or something)

after that i did 12-10-8 (bit more strength) but mixed it up with 5x5 on dl, benchpress, squat

never rlly used high weights on small muscle groups, tried to “feel the muscle” when i did lower weights with slow movement and high reps

First years i did: 

chest (5-6 exercise)/tric (2-3)

back/bic/forearm (same as chest tric)

legs/abs

shoulders/abs

last years:

back/chest (5-5)

arms

legs/shoulders

Edited by Yentll
Niklaus Mikaelson
20 minutes ago, Yentll said:

Technique>weight

did my first year 12-10-8-6 (hypertrophy or something)

after that i did 12-10-8 (bit more strength) but mixed it up with 5x5 on dl, benchpress, squat

never rlly used high weights on small muscle groups, tried to “feel the muscle” when i did lower weights with slow movement and high reps

First years i did: 

chest (5-6 exercise)/tric (2-3)

back/bic/forearm (same as chest tric)

legs/abs

shoulders/abs

last years:

back/chest (5-5)

arms

legs/shoulders

Did you do any cardio or just lifting?

Theres no such thing as best method tbh, it all depends what your goals are and what type of body and muscles youre aiming for. But from the video over, it looks like you got the essential yea. 1 advice though: you should learn the base exercises  benchpress, squats and deadlift will help you develop total strength, and you will also  burn alot of calories by doing them.  I build my program around those base exercises. Make sure to learn the correct technique before lifting too heavy! Your last rep should look exactly like your first rep, if it doesnt your doing it wrong and probs lifting too much. You could for example do these exercises 2-3 times per week for 3-4 sets and maximum 12 reps

Edited by ceZa

We can tell you how many sets @ a certain weight but it’s all gonna come down to how you wanna look. You’re sculpting your body to how you wanna look. Going for strength/power or physique ? 

1 hour ago, Niklaus Mikaelson said:

Did you do any cardio or just lifting?

I wanted to get big af so did no cardio :p 

also, start watching youtube guides/go on bodybuilding.com idk just search a fuck ton information on how to life right. I used to do that for hours after every workout

11 minutes ago, Niklaus Mikaelson said:

It's on the side, can't see it.

Then any variation of Starting Strength, Madcows, StrongLifts etc and you'll pack on the pounds with a good clean bulk.

I put 110lb+ on each of my lifts in the first 3 months.