Erik
Kruck
Teleporting
[ Warlord ] [ Council ] don
Lay
TBR

Best Diet?

You Dizzy

Hey so question - i've soon so many people proclaiming they know the best diet etc but i want to know what worked for you? what sort of food did you eat ? how often and did you train while eating healthy? 

Mine is simply More Protein and Less carbs and atleast 3 litres of water per day while lifting and then HIIT at the end of the workout

8 hours ago, Paul said:

Just eat whatever, whenever I bulked CI>CO and whenever I cut vice versa

This 100%.

I used to go full aspie and meticulously count my macros and weigh out my meals and it made 0 difference. Weightlifting is all genetics and steroids, anyone who says otherwise is deluded and or low IQ.

Calculate your BMR and put yourself in a 500 calorie deficit daily to lose 500 surplus to gain, 7 days a week equates to a 3500 calories.  3500 calories = 1 pound of fat, 2500 calories = 1 pound of muscle.

There's 4 calories in a gram of carb and protein, 9 calories in a gram of fat.  Most people who dedicate that amount of effort into transforming the body usually try to hit specific macros.  Gun for a 40/40/20 ratio

I'm currently on a 3.8k cal diet, I started with your usual 220g chicken, cup of broccoli for lunches and dinner.. But I've found I've been making more progress eating Steak and broccoli, so I go for 200g Steak, cup of broccoli and a cup of rice for lunch, then the same without the rice for dinner, oatmeal with 2 bananas and a protein shake for breakfast, then for snacks I'll have a piece of fruit or tuna/salmon on crackers, seems to be going well for me so far, of course you can mix it up to your liking, you can have almonds for your snacks as you can get your salts and fats from those, but I personally have a nut allergy, struggles ;-; 

I train 5-6days a week, usually 3 days, 1 off, or on my off day I might go in and do core/cardio, depends on how work is

there's not really a best diet you just diet base off what works well for you -- I'm pretty much following the same diet as you med-high protein intake and low carbs; I cut out snacks and sugary drinks from my diet (diet drink is still okay) and typically eat only 2 meals a day. For breakfast before gym I usually eat something small like yogurt or oatmeal. After breakfast I hit the gym, for lunch, I buy this bowl from El Pollo Loco - Chicken Black Bean Bowl (not sure if there's an El Pollo Loco in the UK) but it's 480 calories and filling as fuck and wash it down with some water or a diet coke. I try my best to stay away from processed foods but I'll eat it maybe once/twice a week if I'm craving. I sometimes skip dinner if I still feel full/okay (I'm cutting) or if I'm a little bit hungry I'll have a protein bar but do whatever works the best for you!