Kruck
Teleporting
[ Warlord ] [ Council ] don
Lay
TBR

Anyone with experience in vegan macros?

melholland

Vegan btw. Pls dont hate lmao

Struggling to get my macros right cus protein is hard to get without overloading on carbs or fats or drinking only pea and rice protein all day. 

Trying to get 3 variations of daily plans and struggling hard... 

Anyone got experience? 

I think the EOD off topic thread comes up on my forums tomorrow morning, we got like two guys who are around 210-235lbs lean mean gear head machine vegans. I'll ask them for a write up and report in for ya

6 minutes ago, Trest said:

I think the EOD off topic thread comes up on my forums tomorrow morning, we got like two guys who are around 210-235lbs lean mean gear head machine vegans. I'll ask them for a write up and report in for ya

Absolute legend. Appreciate this one mate cheers. 

51 minutes ago, Walli said:

my only advice is grow up and eat meat. 

If you can't take your health and body serious enough to accept that then no advice will help you.

lmfao I can't digest it dude 

Ok, if its genuinely forced on you through medical issues then I have the upmost sympathy for you. 

Find a good quality vegan protein supplement in the UK awesome supplements do a class one but I don't know about international shipping. 

"macros" is simple though, eat 1.6-2g of protein per kg of bodyweight, doesnt change whether vegan or not. Where you find that protein is entirely up to you. Literally have no idea what vegans eat for protein but whatever you find eat enough of it to hit your protein goal. 

Quorn, nuts? yeah all i got... you're fucked. 

10 minutes ago, Walli said:

Ok, if its genuinely forced on you through medical issues then I have the upmost sympathy for you. 

Find a good quality vegan protein supplement in the UK awesome supplements do a class one but I don't know about international shipping. 

"macros" is simple though, eat 1.6-2g of protein per kg of bodyweight, doesnt change whether vegan or not. Where you find that protein is entirely up to you. Literally have no idea what vegans eat for protein but whatever you find eat enough of it to hit your protein goal. 

Quorn, nuts? yeah all i got... you're fucked. 

The issue isn't working out the macros it's getting the amount of protein without overloading carbs or fats. This can pretty much be done only through pea and rice protein shakes which is not ideal. Trying to figure a diverse way to not eat the same shit and get my macros right. 

Thanks for the sympathy lol

Edited by melholland
8 hours ago, Walli said:

my only advice is grow up and eat meat. 

If you can't take your health and body serious enough to accept that then no advice will help you.

yes I forgot my heart benefits from meat

beans, rice, lentils, salads, protein pasta, peanut butter, oats, fruits and protein shakes.

I tried being vegan for a month a couple months back. I felt amazing. It was just extremely difficult to sustain that diet because I enjoyed eating out with friends too much and cooking the shit sucked

14 minutes ago, Aaron said:

beans, rice, lentils, salads, protein pasta, peanut butter, oats, fruits and protein shakes.

I tried being vegan for a month a couple months back. I felt amazing. It was just extremely difficult to sustain that diet because I enjoyed eating out with friends too much and cooking the shit sucked

Lmao ikr. Spend like half my life in the kitchen I swear. Luckily the gf is vegan too so that helps a bit. 

Still ll looks like that's gonna put me over in carbs. Oh well - protein shakes all day it is 

Just now, melholland said:

Lmao ikr. Spend like half my life in the kitchen I swear. Luckily the gf is vegan too so that helps a bit. 

Still ll looks like that's gonna put me over in carbs. Oh well - protein shakes all day it is 

the sad reality of being a vegan is the fact that you need to be in carbohydrate surplus. Unless you are doing keto why does it matter? 

1 hour ago, Allan said:

yes I forgot my heart benefits from meat

If you think that restricting yourself to a vegan diet it optimum for health then you are foolish.