‘Euthanasia'

Zany

For those of you who are unsure of the term ‘Euthanasia’ it is defined as medically killing a person, or animal due to the observation that they are hopeless which can be the result of a patient that is brain dead, in a coma, being kept alive on machines and so forth. What are your views on this topic? Is it just to take ones life? Should the family be able to make a suitable and conscious decision?

My two cents; I believe that it is acceptable if the person can make a conscious decision and are in the right state of mind to come to the decision then it should be completely acceptable.  Your life is your life, and you should have your rights with it. 

I found this from an article (http://www.compassionandchoices.org//documents/BaxterReligiousAmicusBrief.pdf) and it states: The Supreme Court's decision to uphold aid in dying allows us to view and act on death as a dignified moral and godly choice.

There are two sides to the story, but a life is owned by the person who it was given to, not some bullshit government that they are stuck in. What are your thoughts?

[WRITTEN BY KONKA]

there are macheines were ppl press like yes and no on it, and it asks ytou like 5 times or so, "do you want to die?" if you say yes 5 times, it injects something into you that helps you die easily without any pain,

if you are in a coma and such, and cant do this machein test thing, then no, its no one elses desicion that you sohuld die, even if they are a relative,

BUT

theres a story where this rugby player got paralyzed from head to toe and he was miserable, he hated his life, he got his family to take him to holland or something, its legal to asisst someoneo n suicide there, and finland i think, im not sure, anyway, they done it,

so if the person can acctualy confirm that they ant to go, then yes, sure, but if they cant, no not at all it isnt your choice to end someone elses life

I pretty much agree with Konka.

but i also think that if its only a matter of short time, and the person is not able to make the decision by itself, close familily should be allowed to make the decision, needs to be a 100% sure about the persons condition though.

people who wanna kill themselves should like donate organs n all their blood n shit to help medical sciences@

This. And they need to be able to confirm they want to die, like what Cj said

So if someone is living by a machine.. has approx 1% brain activity.. he may live for another few months by the machines.. but there is 0% chance of him getting better or surviving or getting any sort of brain activity back and all he feels is pain.. he cant see/hear/say anything..

dont you think he sorta deserves to die?

So if someone is living by a machine.. has approx 1% brain activity.. he may live for another few months by the machines.. but there is 0% chance of him getting better or surviving or getting any sort of brain activity back and all he feels is pain.. he cant see/hear/say anything..

dont you think he sorta deserves to die?

its not our choice at the end of the day >.> but imo, yes, in that condition, and only in those rare conditions should the plug be pulled.

Why not, it should always be up to the person.

If I'm near-death, dying from cancer, suffering every minute.. and i'm actually ready to die.. then kill me. I'd rather die then than stay alive for another 4 months having to deal with the worst pain of my life, and taking it out on everyone close to me and being a burden on their life aswell.

If I was on life-support I'd want it turned off. The amount of money it would cost for me to be 'alive' is fucking rediculous. I've actually written in the notes section of my iPod that if it ever happends I don't want to be on life-support.