TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

[Guide] POH Efficiency

Venom Blitz

Venom Blitz
Hello all,

This is going to be an in-depth guide on how to set up your Player Owned House to be most efficient and to help you return to your team as fast as possible and general pvming or pking.

Having 83+ Construction will help your returning time a lot if you leave to get more food (no more running to clan wars). It also has other perks such as a max hit dummy which is super useful for max hitting with your ancient mace, Ornate rejuvenation pool for restoring everything including Hitpoints and spell book swapping alters.

Getting 83 construction isn't the cheapest to train and currently costs roughly 21m-23m (including butler fees) from level 1 construction using oak planks and a further 10m on building the important "furniture" in your POH. You need 83 Construction and the quests eyes of Glouphrie, Gertrude's cat and Evil Dave RFD sub quest completed to gain the acquired boosts to 91 construction.

9YEEOjF.jpg

This is my house setup and i believe is most efficient, I will break down my reasoning's behind each room down below. If you have any suggestions on how I can better my house layout please post down below. 

CG6MGBO.jpg

Garden

The Garden's most important furniture is the entry and exit portal and that's all this room should consist of. You want your portal facing North to South as you spawn on the North West tip of the portal.

Superior Garden

After having the entry/exit portal rotated around to suit your spawn you should place the superior garden North of the garden with the rejuvenation pool in the South West corner as it's closest to your spawn inside the POH. You shouldn't build any fences because you actually lose 1 game tick running around the fence when trying to use the pool.

Achievement Gallery

Because the rejuvenation pool has been rotated to the south west corner, the Achievement Gallery Should go directly west of the superior garden. The room should be rotated so that the alter is North FACING South. This allows for fast and easy access to the jewellery box to teleport back to the fight with all jewellery teleports besides the burning amulet.

It is actually closer by 2-3 steps having this moved 1 room south (directly west of the entry/exit portal) but i prefer my teleports to varrock and camelot there for briding.

Combat Room

I've decided to place my Combat room directly East of the Superior Garden as I felt it fits well. Having the max hit dummy close to the rejuvenation pool allows for fast special attack refill in case you forget to turn on prays or having the wrong attack style on when you Special Attack.

Portal Chamber

I have added three Portal Chambers to my house because it's really nice to only have to look for the house tab rather then multiple tabs in high pressure situations (returning). My portal chambers are set up East, South and West of the Garden where you spawn in. You can set your teleports up how you prefer them, the only room I have set up specifically for pking is the west room as it's closest to the rejuvenation pool.

The three teleports in that room are Varrock, Camelot and Annakarl. This is setup for PvP briding and Annakarl is for deep pking.

Dungeon

The dungeon I have that is North of the Superior Garden Has nothing to do with pking so you don't actually need this room. For those that are interested I have 2 bedrooms, 1 Kitchen, 1 Workshop and 1 Dining room. The reasoning for these rooms are to keep the butler for training construction as well as calling him (Bedrooms and Dining Room), Workshop for repairing barrows items (mainly karil's crossbow) and the Kitchen for tea boosts.

rtJ7jLE.jpg

Quest Hall 

I decided to keep the two Quest halls far north east and west because I felt like it tidied up the house (absolutely no need for these two rooms anymore as they just take up space).

Summary

When re-arranging or building your POH try to think what you will need the most and where will the room be best accessed. Also keep in mind that the more rooms, floors and "furniture" you have effects the rendering time of your POH and can actually take longer to get into your house losing time to get back to the fight faster.

Quests:

Construction Guide:

Tips and Notes:

- The Less furniture, rooms and floors you have the faster rendering and loading time getting into your POH.
- You can either Tea or Spicy Stew boost to build rooms you don't have the physical level for (Crystal saw does not help).
- The max boost you can get in construction is a +8 with a +5 spicy stew and an invisible +3 from the Crystal saw, this allows you to get the ornate jewellery box at 83 construction.
- If you don't want to pay the 2-3m fee for the butler, use a PvP world such as W325 and bank at Camelot each time and change your settings to go in your POH in building mode.

I hope this guide has helped anyone looking to get into construction or has helped to change your POH to be more efficient for pking.

Thanks for reading xx
Venom Blitz

Thanks.

ehh the video isn't working and cbf trying to edit it in right now but here is the actual guide for training

Very good in-depth guide but did you know having a basement/upper level makes the house takes longer to load when teleporting to it? might be better to put the rest on the regular floor

1 hour ago, Adhi said:

Fuck man I want 83 construction but I don't have the will power to get it lol 

but sick guide good job 

Pay me alot of gp and i am down

Venom Blitz

yeah mahfia I did know man, it's in the tips and notes section :)

Thanks for bringing it up though because a lot of people would normally skip past that section i guess.

Just now, Demais said:

does his name start with t and finish with witch?

Surprisingly not but he can be just as bad lmao