[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Leg day.

NH XD

Lets be honest here who trains legs and how often?; I often see the same faces in my gym but rarely see a certain few who train legs.

Managed to squeeze out a PB today; the sets leading up to this where as follows:

Reps x weight

• 20 x Bar (20kg)
  • 15 x Bar + 40kg
  • 10 x Bar + 60kg
  • 8 x Bar + 80kg
  • 5 x Bar + 100kg
  • 3 x Bar + 120kg
  • 1 x Bar + 120kg
  • 1 x Bar + 140kg (The video.)
  • 5 x Bar + 140kg (After the video with a spotter, would say 4/5 where clean reps.)

Video:

http://tinypic.com/r/2vknhns/9

Edited by Metalic_Blu3
Just now, Yentll said:

@Adhi can you give you some tips

U only do squats? I did legs 1-2 times a week. Now I am running every day so no legs been trained in the gym for 3 months

I train legs twice or three times a week currently as I'm prioritizing them currently being a weak point in terms of aesthetics; depending on energy levels and availability. 

I do walking/Cycling as my source of cardio; running is good for building the endurance of the muscle but does fuck all for size in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Metalic_Blu3 said:

I train legs twice or three times a week currently as I'm prioritizing them currently being a weak point in terms of aesthetics; depending on energy levels and availability. 

I do walking/Cycling as my source of cardio; running is good for building the endurance of the muscle but does fuck all for size in my opinion.

Ye, didn't say I was running to gain size on my legs tho. ;p

tbh, if you can train legs 3 times a week you aren't training hard/properly enough mate. I had leg sessions that I couldn't walk for 3 days. :p 

So, do you only do squats?

8 minutes ago, Yentll said:

Ye, didn't say I was running to gain size on my legs tho. ;p

tbh, if you can train legs 3 times a week you aren't training hard/properly enough mate. I had leg sessions that I couldn't walk for 3 days. :p 

So, do you only do squats?

Fair enough.

I can train legs 3 times a week because my diet and nutrition is on point on top of this I'm currently getting a minimum of 8 hours rest a night.

I find it funny how you can doubt the intensity of my workouts whilst I'm squatting 150kg at 60kg bodyweight - I challenge you to find anyone else matching this.

DOMs is a common misconception of having a good workout. Your muscles don't need to be sore for days to justify a good workout, The more often you work a certain muscle group the less severe your DOMs will be.

My entire leg workout;

Stepper warm-up 10-15 minutes.

Light stretching and mobility.

Warm-up sets of my chosen exercise with no weight.

5-8 working sets of my chosen exercise with weight.

3-4 working sets of my chosen accessory exercises.

Treadmill walking call-down 10-15 minutes.

Opinions @Steroids

Edited by Metalic_Blu3
2 minutes ago, Peen said:

play runescape

When FOE pull 48 to a trip on a weekend albeit F2P or P2P I have absolutely no motivation to play RuneScape. Let alone join FOE I'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, Metalic_Blu3 said:

When FOE pull 48 to a trip on a weekend albeit F2P or P2P I have absolutely no motivation to play RuneScape. Let alone join FOE I'm afraid.

that snds stupid

30 minutes ago, Metalic_Blu3 said:

Fair enough.

I can train legs 3 times a week because my diet and nutrition is on point on top of this I'm currently getting a minimum of 8 hours rest a night.

I find it funny how you can doubt the intensity of my workouts whilst I'm squatting 150kg at 60kg bodyweight - I challenge you to find anyone else matching this.

DOMs is a common misconception of having a good workout. Your muscles don't need to be sore for days to justify a good workout, The more often you work a certain muscle group the less severe your DOMs will be.

My entire leg workout;

Stepper warm-up 10-15 minutes.

Warm-up sets of my chosen exercise with no weight.

5-8 working sets of my chosen exercise with weight.

3-4 working sets of my chosen accessory exercises.

Treadmill walking call-down 10-15 minutes.

Opinions @Steroids

You never mentioned your weight/nutrition or anything you just said before. The only thing I know is that I need to hit it hard enough to gain growth. I don't grow as much if I go high in weights and low in exercises or reps

1 minute ago, Yentll said:

You never mentioned your weight/nutrition or anything you just said before. The only thing I know is that I need to hit it hard enough to gain growth. I don't grow as much if I go high in weights and low in exercises or reps

I thought it would be obvious to assume someone with extensive gym knowledge in terms of weightlifting would also know the importance of diet and rest.

But you automatically assumed I had neither by questioning my workout intensity..

you're not the only one, very few people grow in terms of muscle development by solely doing high weight low reps. You need a combination of both low rep sets and high volume working sets.

12 minutes ago, Metalic_Blu3 said:

I thought it would be obvious to assume someone with extensive gym knowledge in terms of weightlifting would also know the importance of diet and rest.

But you automatically assumed I had neither by questioning my workout intensity..

you're not the only one, very few people grow in terms of muscle development by solely doing high weight low reps. You need a combination of both low rep sets and high volume working sets.

Squats is low rep, rest is high rep

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I do 1st day: chest triceps, 2nd day: biceps back, 3rd day: legs, 4th day:abs + cardio, then 5th day is off and then i just keep repeating this..so lets say 1-2times a week