If this law gets passed, do you think jagex will have problems ?

o0 Thug o0

o0 Thug o0

Software companies could be held responsible for the security and efficacy of their products, if a new European Commission consumer protection proposal becomes law...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10237212-92.html

So if people were banned for bug abuse, it's Jagex fault for releasing bug in the first place. So i think you could get your money back or account  ? what do you think ?

This would massively change things if it was passed  :sleep:

I dont see myself why it should apply to a video game but...

Lol no none of that stuff will happen.

You buy access to their member servers. Bug or no bug, shitty pvp or awesome wildy, you have access and thats what you payed for. They'll be responsible for protecting their databases with private information from hackers, only that kind of stuff.

But besides all this: When you created your acc you agreed to stuff like "your acc is still property of jagex and may be suspended at any time without previous warning. I promise to abide the rules and accept Jagex does not give refunds for lost member days if banned". Something like that.

Bottom line you agreed to having no rights at all outside their own appeal system when you created your acc and when you became member

hey u hipster idiot ur avatar is annoying

o0 Thug o0

Lol no none of that stuff will happen.

You buy access to their member servers. Bug or no bug, shitty pvp or awesome wildy, you have access and thats what you payed for. They'll be responsible for protecting their databases with private information from hackers, only that kind of stuff.

But besides all this: When you created your acc you agreed to stuff like "your acc is still property of jagex and may be suspended at any time without previous warning. I promise to abide the rules and accept Jagex does not give refunds for lost member days if banned". Something like that.

Bottom line you agreed to having no rights at all outside their own appeal system when you created your acc and when you became member

When this law gets passed, Jagex will be liable for their code. If code is released with bugs, as a user you are allowed to ask for your money back. That's what the law is saying. It does not matter if they state this in their rules, because if the law gets passed they will have to change the rule. You cannot be banned for problem they created.

o0 Thug o0

yeah but you can quit, and say the game had too many bugs. It wasn't compatible with your computer and they would have to return your money for membership since it never worked on your computer. If you say that, by this law, they must refund the money. What if you could get money back for all years ? Say that new HD runescape no longer works on your computer.

Forgot to care

Forgot to care

nice hipster reply hipster

I Blitz Youu

I think this law is stupid tbh

Big software companies that create security software for large organisations will be held if there's a flaw's or exploits in the system (which there always is).. and they would be responsible, even when its the hackers/exploiters that are exploiting the vulnerabilities :o

Could put alot of smaller software companies out of business too