[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Top 5 Clans of All Time?

Jd-

Due to this being a pure clan, lets do mains and pures, although my knowledge of pures is very limited. I'm not going to bother with order because I think it opens up to much debate.

- Violent Resolution - personally this is the main clan I would fight for when it comes to making an argument for #1. And you could hand it to them for tenure alone, but to add to this the epic 'first' crash war of 2009 against EOS/CORR and co was incredible. In 2011 when ROT were at their peak of #1 P2P and competing at the top of F2P, they decided to target vR, and as is history ROT had showed time and time again, that if they wanted you gone, you were gone. ROT would learn very quickly that they were yet to come up against a 'VR' and they were decimated by the resolution, and went on to close in the summer claiming it was due to most members starting college, only to re-open months later. When really they were wounded and outgunned. And in my opinion Evizu and the surrounding leadership have been the only group ever, to stamp on ROT and not only combat their tirades but better them.

- Reign of Terror - I've always sat on the other side of ROT but the fact is they've existed and competed at the top for almost two decades. They formed the blue-print of leveraging success off the back of hatred. They came out on top against Brutality and DI, which was the peak of P2P man for man quality, won several ROTvX all out brawls in the peak of P2P, and became the clan everyone 'hated'' but also wanted to be. I think it's fair to put them in contention for the top spot, however for me their dependency on out-of-game tactics throughout 2008-2011 spoils it. And you could argue their methods for domination in turn 'killed' clanning at it's peak.

- Damage Inc - Firstly Ghjjf, the most iconic name in main clanning landscape. The most dominant clan of the golden era, and the longest holders of both #1 P2P and F2P in the peak of multi. While also dominating mage-bank for periods. They did it all. The back bone of RuneScape's clanning legacy, you can't talk about the golden age without DI. Again like the two above, I think DI finish the 'three' that you could argue contend for that #1 spot. Unfortunately for DI a clan built around honour, just was not equipped to deal with the levels a ROT would go to achieve greatness. 

This is where it gets controversial...

- Brutality - Brut did it all, as an initial break off from Team Corruption, they dominated east dragons in the golden age of single pking, with many famous PK videos in the prime of Runescape. And their core, were the uncontested man-for-man quality for many years to come on. Closing during multi-bh crater, they reassembled for single BH, not only dominating the main crater, but opening their little brother Team EzPz and simultaneously dominating the med crater. At the release of PvP worlds, they dominated mage-bank as was to be expected. But this was when Keifer/Richworth, showed tactically he could compete with the very best. Stepping into P2P multi, he created an alliance with ROT, only planning to break said relationship when he was ready. A clan historically known for their single accolades, very quickly became #2 in P2P and went on to have the highest quality P2P fights we've ever seen with ROT. And like vR, Brut showed at the very least they could handle ROT.

- Aggression - Man for man quality was out of this world, they created Mage Bank, starting as a small team. They perfected luring teams in deep wilderness and hitting them while outnumbered, leveraging a recruitment strategy off being better although being smaller. And they didn't stay small for long, competing in multi as well, and dominating where ever they stepped into, they screamed success. When you think of mage-bank you think of AG, when you think of elite you think of AG. 

Notable mention - Runescape Dynasty, I think there is an argument for them in this space for the length of time they held simultaneous top 3 spots in both P2P/F2P during it's prime.

Pures - I don't know enough about pures to create a top 5 but when I think of pures I think, FOE, FI, MM, EOP, TLP.

Fake Smile

Pures

1. Foe

2. Eop

3. Fi

Mm is too old to be included. We haven't seen them for 15 years if not more.

Mains

1. Rot

2. Vr

scumtroll69

1. Mayhem Makers

2. Misfits

Every other clan negated being on the list by allowing 30 defence

scumtroll69
1 hour ago, Syracuse said:

misfits? oof

NME probably deserves an honourable mention as well

Syracuse