Kruck
Teleporting
[ Warlord ] [ Council ] don
Lay
TBR

working like a slave

Ready Ok FOE

opinions on working a 9 to 5 job?

i've been working almost 5 months and it feels like there's no more goal in my life except for finishing my school, more work, make some money on the way, probably get married and get kids on the way, retire, die

it's depressing af

Yeah just had my last day of work on Saturday, it's really draining, repetitive, depressing, etc...

Got a month+ off now till I find the next job kinda in the same boat there, but you work damn hard to get a degree to get the type o job.. 

Find it funny when people genuinely aspire to get a 40 hour week job and think they're gonna be happy

Lets rob a bank after my league game

Not too bad when you pull $800-1000 a week being an office slave in a trash job.  Nice to have cash to spend on whatever the fuck you want, whenever the fuck you want.   That being said I'd much rather spend 40 hours a week working a job I enjoy than grinding out 40 hours of data entry and management.  

If you don't want that 40 hour a week, Monday to Friday, all year round job then consider working on an oil rig or the mines.  3 weeks on, 3 weeks off and the pay is huge although there are the obvious risks. 

i got american football and gym to release my stress so i'm calm. 

stay strong yung one

i know right, but can only go 4-5 times per week to the gym which is not enough to release my anger Lol

• 2 weeks later...

yo just keep urself busy man, at least you have a job and you can pay your stuff with your money, you can plan your future aswel. Just dont feel down and keep moving forward with motivation, I feel ya ma friend.

yo just keep urself busy man, at least you have a job and you can pay your stuff with your money, you can plan your future aswel. Just dont feel down and keep moving forward with motivation, I feel ya ma friend.

sell me some motivation 

I work 9-5 5 days a week and that doesn't include 4 hours worth of travel daily.

You don't work to have fun, my job is at least interesting at times.

Im lucky at the moment as Im earning very well for my age group and can go do what I want and still save up for a house, one thing ive noticed is my attitude is changing though. I no longer go out get completely wrecked and end up doing something I regret, a few chilled beers and get a girl you actually like to give you their number ( maybe get lucky ). Plus ive started actually going on dates, thats something completely alien to me!

• 2 months later...

i work 9-5 / 5 days a week and have enough time for my social life/gym and girlfriend.... my interest to RS has gone down a lot as i am never on it unless i see myself some free time to attend a event.

opinions on working a 9 to 5 job?

i've been working almost 5 months and it feels like there's no more goal in my life except for finishing my school, more work, make some money on the way, probably get married and get kids on the way, retire, die

it's depressing af

Working has showed me the value of my time haha.

I did it for a year, I haven't worked in 3 years and am finding many ways to create my own jobs,check this article.   http://www.lifehack.org/articles/work/11-reasons-why-you-should-never-get-full-time-job.html

Working part-time isn't bad, but if you rely on work you need to find alternate ways to create investments, whether it's time or money, that will benefit you in the future, my favourite motto to live by, is "be the change you want in the world"

Look at the creators of South Park, laid back chill guys who are completely normal and just have fun doing something they enjoy, I think the biggest issue, is that people copy other successful peoples methods instead of finding their own, its kinda like moneymaking in RS., the best methods are kept hidden and left for individuals to find out on their own.

Edited by OJSIMPSON

on a serious note, find something you love, and let it kill you.

I am currently working part-time next to school. I am coping with depression, seeing psychiatrist and psychologist taking meds and gettign counceling for hazard games addiction, I sometims just want to end my miseries,  but not everything is dark, sometimes there is light that reaches to you.

If you get paid really well for doing job you dislike then first thing for reviving yourself from that deppression is to learn to enjoy the tiny moments, the littlest everyday things. Good way to give yourself rest and clarity is trying some of the eastern martial arts courses, you find nothing more relaxing and purifying than sitting on tatami and not thinking about anything, all you do is what your sensei tells you to. Gym works on similar level but martial arts is where you get to purify your mind and body.

Rather than fighting, accept and learn to deal with new situations. While you are coping with it you can start getting a job you like, something that peaks your interest. Find what you love, and let it kill you.

Edited by WickedAnimeEye