TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

Delta's Log - Cutting

DeltaPapa

DeltaPapa

Lifestyle currently: 

At university where I've put on weight, haven't done cardio in a long time and basically unfit & fat but wanting to change. I want to apply the UAS (university air squadron) thus having to pass a fitness test in which I need to run 1.5 miles in ~11 minutes. I also just want to get back into the gym lifestyle. I used to be a regular gym rat for 2.5 years about 2 years ago. My knowledge is good, my motivation isn't. Hoping to be able to stick to my goals now that I need to achieve something to progress in my life.

Height: 180cm, 5'11

Current > Goals

Weight: 77kg > 70

Bodyfat: 20% > 15%

Currently: CUTTING

Calorie Maintenance:

8vX9n.png

Not going to pay much attention to this (while at uni) as I don't have a set of scales so won't be able to weigh food. I'm just going to learn portion control and eat healthy for the time being.

Current Workout:

Push

- Bench Press

- Shoulder Press

- Incline Bench Press

- Pushdowns

- Overhead Extensions

- Shrugs

Pull

- Barbell Rows

- Pulldowns

- Seated Rows

- Pull ups

- Bicep Curls

- Hammer Curls

Legs

- Squats

- Leg Press

- Leg Extensions

- Hamstring Curls

- Calf Raises

Monday: Push

Tuesday: Pull

Wednesday: Legs

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Push

Saturday: Pull

Sunday: Rest

+ 30 min cardio for each day, possibly more.

Currently (01/05/2014) I want my workout to be cardio based which is why I will be putting less weight into the exercises to give more energy for cardio

Picture and Sizes: (taken Feb 2014)

8uFK8.jpg

(inches)
Arms: 12.7
Calves: 13.6
Chest: 35.2
Forearms: 10.8
Hips: 35.4
Neck: 14.8
Shoulders: 17.7
Thighs: 19.0
Waist: 35.0

Edited by DeltaPapa
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tris

• DeltaPapa

• Dripz

• Insecurities

DeltaPapa

Thursday 01/05/2014

Chest/Triceps

DB press:

10kg x12

10kgx12

12kg x8

12kg x5

DB Incline:

8kg x12

8kg x10

9kg x7

Cable flies

5kg x12

5kg x10

6.25kg x10

Triceps Pushdown

20kg x10

15kg x12

15kg x10

15kg x8

Cardio: Cross trainer > 30 miins/250cals burnt

Edited by DeltaPapa
DeltaPapa

best of luck buddy, you don't look to overweight, i could see you lifting in no time at all tbh.

I feel it lol.

And like I said, need to pass the UAS fitness test and my fitness is fkin awful. Genuinely think i'd struggle running 1.5 miles. Let alone in 11 mins.

best of luck buddy, you don't look to overweight, i could see you lifting in no time at all tbh.

I feel it lol.

And like I said, need to pass the UAS fitness test and my fitness is fkin awful. Genuinely think i'd struggle running 1.5 miles. Let alone in 11 mins.

do you smoke?

DeltaPapa

I feel it lol.

do you smoke?

Nope. And currently don't drink either. I've just never really been great at cardio or done it. Only times id do it would be a kick around or something in which i'd usually give up after 10-15mins

I feel it lol.

do you smoke?

Nope. And currently don't drink either. I've just never really been great at cardio or done it. Only times id do it would be a kick around or something in which i'd usually give up after 10-15mins

alright, just work on that stamina i guess

Don't drop too low on the calorie deficit side of things.  Too much of a deficit = decrease in leptin levels and you'll end up plateauing out in terms of losing weight. I'd recommend a 300-500 deficit max, no excessive cardio unless you over eat.

I do the same routine, however I have a high rep hypertrophy day and low rep strength day, up to you though.  Push/Pull/Legs is flexible. 

if you're planning to have to complete a fitness test where your stamina is being tested, being in the gym lifting low weights really isn't going to help in a major way. 

Your body needs to adapt to the stress of completing a fitness course, I think you should be doing a dynamic exercise routine (a HIIT one) which is going to train your cardiovascular and muscular endurance.

Read up on a workout like insanity or one of those other ones that get you moving and plan something around that.

You can train your aerobic system (cardio) and still do weights.  Just need to be careful about your calories in vs calories out.

Yeah i'm not saying it's either or, but his routine doesnt seem focused on cardio at all to me

DeltaPapa

Yeah i'm not saying it's either or, but his routine doesnt seem focused on cardio at all to me

30 mins of cardio+ every day isn't focused? Not gonna lie, I do 30 mins and im knackered. Probably wouldn't be able to do more.

The fitness test is only the 11 min run and 20 press ups and 35 sit ups (which can be done already), so it's not extremely stressfully. I have till September to do train for it, so I just want to work to that level and then go light on the cardio and maintain it.

To be honest you have the body build, plus your height is average...I believe there will be change in no time. Good luck and stay motivated !  :happy:

p.s keep updating us, this will also motivate me and others  :tongue:

30 mins a day is the government daily recommendation I'm sure, if you can't do a mile and a half in 11 minutes you're gonna need to push a bit harder. Then again I don't know when your UAS thing is so don't know how long you have to prepare

Hilarious

I feel it lol.

do you smoke?

my mile times in high school were pretty bad, like mid 8 minutes. My goal is to eventually make it so I can do 1.5 in under 8 minutes.

Insecurities

Ex Varsity Cross Country runner here.

What I did to improve my mile times was run a mile on the treadmill, walk/slow jog for 0.1 miles then run another mile at a faster pace. Do this 5 times.

Or you can do short sprint interval training. Sprint 400m, jog 100. Repeat 10 times.

An 11 minute mile and a half isn't that hard. You can reach that pace in 3 months easily if you stick with it.

If you need any help with the running I'll be happy to help, unlike lifting, I have some decent knowledge about this.

DeltaPapa

Friday 02/05/2014

Back & Biceps

Arnold Row (need to go more horizontal)

15kg x12

30kg x10

30kg x8

20kg x8

Lat pulldown (not even sure it was a pull down, same layout, yet was more to the side and down, wasn't a traditional pulldown machine in the gym :s)

25kg x12

30kg x12

35kg x10

35kg x10

Seated Row (Should of went heavier)

10kg x12

10kg x12

10kg x8

10kg x10

Seated Bicep Curls

10kg x12

10kg x10

10kg x10

8kg x10

Thought I'd test myself to see how close I am to the goal. I thought 1.5miles = 4.5km. (turns out its like 2.3km lols) so was running at 14km/hr to stand any hope of reaching 4.5km in 11 mins. Got to like 8 mins and was fked, didn't even note down the distance as was like wtf how am I supposed to do 4.5km... Going to go back later and do the interval training Insec mentioned. Was too drained after doing the 8 mins..

And weighed myself (was guessing) and at 77kg.

DeltaPapa

Didn't go back yesterday as decided to play poker instead

Didn't go today as didn't realise the gym closes at 5pm on Saturdays

DeltaPapa

I'm so fkin skinny-fat its unreal..

Once I hit my goal tempted to either cut until 12% bf and lean bulk or do what other people suggest and eat just below maintenance and lift heavy

Edited by DeltaPapa