• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tris

• DeltaPapa

• Skidddz

• Insecurities

Insecurities

Not sure what you do in the gym but my shoulder day isnt just made up of doing upright rows and military press, I do quite a few exercises so I'm not just working my deltoids but strengthening my stabilizers etc too. Had some problems with my shoulder so I just repeat the exercises I went through with my physio when I damaged my rotator cuff.

what do u do to strengthen stabilizers mine are weak af. 

Not sure what you do in the gym but my shoulder day isnt just made up of doing upright rows and military press, I do quite a few exercises so I'm not just working my deltoids but strengthening my stabilizers etc too. Had some problems with my shoulder so I just repeat the exercises I went through with my physio when I damaged my rotator cuff.

what do u do to strengthen stabilizers mine are weak af. 

I don't use a barbell or machines when doing stuff like shoulder presses, but dumbbells instead so I'm not relying on the dominant arm to compensate If I start to struggle. Helps to promote stabiliser strength in both arms. I also do a couple of lateral exercises (again with dumbbells) on a fairly low weight just to activate the muscles and keep them in check.

DeltaPapa

Generally I build muscle super easily, pretty godlike genes if I do say so myself

How long have you been weight training?

Everyone at the start sees increased gains - 'noobgains'.

If you've just started you should be milking these and should just bulk up properly, 3000cals+ etc. (if you've been going for some time, ignore what i've said). The gains you will see are very beneficially and probably worth it and look a lil much pudgy for summer :P

There is also a good debate about a push/pull routine for those not on gear as don't need to destroy each muscle group which you would do in a 5 day split.

Edited by DeltaPapa

Generally I build muscle super easily, pretty godlike genes if I do say so myself

How long have you been weight training?

Everyone at the start sees increased gains - 'noobgains'.

If you've just started you should be milking these and should just bulk up properly, 3000cals+ etc. (if you've been going for some time, ignore what i've said). The gains you will see are very beneficially and probably worth it and look a lil much pudgy for summer :P

There is also a good debate about a push/pull routine for those not on gear as don't need to destroy each muscle group which you would do in a 5 day split.

I started when I was about 18/19 so just over a year ago and maintained for about 4 months, but I just fell out of routine so I'm starting up again. 

Elaborate on that push/pull routine?

Push = Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Pull = Back/Biceps

Legs = Legs.

Loads of variety, can have heavystrength days and then a hypertrophy day in the same week.

Monday - Push - Power

Tuesday - Pull - Power

Wednesday - Legs - Power

Thursday - Rest

Friday - Push - Hypertrophy

Saturday - Pull - Hypertrophy

Sunday - Legs - Hypertrophy 

That's only one variation.  Can also have a mixed routine such as: 

Matt Ogus has his own version: 

Realised how lazy i've been keeping this updated lol.

Been doing graveyard shifts at work and so been too tired to go in the morning and my gym gets packed as fuck during the afternoon/evening

Chest/triceps:

• Flat bench Db  Press - 26kg 3 sets (12,10,8 reps)
  • Incline bench Db Press - 24kg 3 sets (12, 10, 8 reps)
  • Superset (Not sure the name of the exercise? Close grip Bar press from the centre of the chest?)
    But 3 sets (10, 10, 10) at 50kg with 15 diamond press ups
  • Flat bench Db flys - 16kg 3 sets (12, 10, 8 reps)
  • Tricep extensions (rope) - 18kg 3 sets (15, 15, 15)
  • Dip Machine - 64kg 3 sets (12, 12, 12)

don't normally throw in the dip machine but thought I'd try it out, get a nice little burn from it so I think I'll keep it in there

Also for fun wanted to test my max weight doing the leg press (+ show off to some friends lol), the machine only went up to 380lb (like 170kg or so) at the max stack so didn't get to see what my highest would be but I reckon around 190kg before I burst a blood vessel aha

Also I've been doing a whole lot more cardio than I have in a while, been waking up at around 5am for no reason and going for a run, feeling the effects already after only about 5 runs, gonna maintain I think, stay fit and ready for pre-season training

mirin legs. listen to Tris.

I think you need 8% of body fat to really get those abs since you're 6"1, Good luck on your journey  :happy:

LOL yep because height effects how developed your abs are????

I think you need 8% of body fat to really get those abs since you're 6"1, Good luck on your journey  :happy:

It's logic, The mass area for his abs is larger than if he was 5"1 for example. Just saying

It's logic, The mass area for his abs is larger than if he was 5"1 for example. Just saying

lmao i can assure you that is not logic in the slightest.

k or as i

yh height has nothing to do with how much bodyfat you need to see them.

im sure its more to do with genetics some people have visible abs 14%

• 2 weeks later...

New core every morning

2 sets

Leg raises + toe touches 15

1 minute plank

2sets

Lying oblique knee ins x 20

Side oblique plank 60s

Hip extensions 20

2 sets

12 crossed leg crunches

10 butterfly sit-ups

60s cycling

1 minute plank

I fail to see why everyone is saying he shouldn't have just a shoulder day, it makes more sense than having a day just for chest yet ppl do that.. shoulders has 3 heads plus u can throw traps in.. but Yh your split as a whole isn't ideal, need to up the frequency, start doing more muscle groups in a day with less volume and do them more than just once a week, your split is pointless unless you're on gear and even then youd need to do like 50 sets for one muscle to justify only hitting it once a week.. your approach seems gd to me, don't dirty bulk without being on gear cause you will gain a fuckload of fat and u won't be able to lose it fast or without muscle loss.. wouldn't bother with the cardio tho cause then that's just putting you on or close to a defecit

And lol at the guy who said you need a lower bofyfat percentage if you're taller, there's a keyword there that makes it obvious that height doesnt make s difference

Edited by Dog

So you reckon I should double up on some groups? Been feeling I have a bit too much time off compared to when I was going gym a year ago. Never tried the push/pull thing which was mentioned, might give it a go for a few weeks.