• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With respect to the original poster — it's clear that a lot of people have benefited from this — but this is pretty outdated; I don't think it's personally the best method to aim for a maxed 60 attack pure. For one, you shouldn't train melee at all, until you're 99 range or close.

Edited by BustedHermit
  • 7 months later...
22 hours ago, 1 hit pk ya said:

@Chip Dump can you provide your rationale for not training melee at all? Thanks

Yeah I don't fully understand what I wrote tbh, now looking back it! Sorry haha

My meaning is that you should aim to have 99/99 range/mage before doing melee. You certainly should have a fire cape before making a start with melee, and 75 hp for torture. Having low melee means a low combat level. (IIRC, you begin to be melee-based at 89 str 60 attack (which is relatively low)).

Starting from 1 range: 

Get 52 pray at wildy altar. 59 if you truly just want to go for a max build from the outset.

After questing to get attack for granite maul (or going with an obby maul if you somehow have 60 str), you should begin by cannoning chaos druids at CA from as low as 1 range. In case you don't know, the melee bonuses dictate how often you hit with cannon, so use the stuff with the biggest bonuses, regardless of attack speed, including any amulet or ring that boosts your attack+ bonuses. Mage bonuses do not work (much to my annoyance - I first went there with Kodai and decent mage bonuses, etc.). Be sure to bring stamina pots as they will tele you around. 

At any point - and normally when your combat hits the combats of pkers there - you can move to slayer caves and do lesser demons (just park an account at the entrance to the cave). Here, once you can use a craws bow, you can hit xp rates of about 130k/h (I'll post a pic below). W/O craws you can get 100k+ still. To get above this, you can be sure to tag all lessers around you and pull them into double hit spots with the cannon. Method costs about 1m/h with craws but is hugely superior to other options. At this rate, 70 range takes approximately 5-6 hours. 75 will take a further 2-3.

From 75 I'd BP at NMZ (use pray gear - range gear actually does little to boost your xp/h - but reduces how much you can AFK - just use black dhide vambs and pray robes - see the NMZ guide about this). Depending on your cash, you should start chinning from around 80-85 range to 98/99 range. If you're loaded you can ofc start from 75 or so.

By that point you should be able to use zenyte equipment, fire cape, and have NMZ points for imbued b ring. Buy fremenik kilt, manacles, regen bracelet, unholy book. 

Starting with melee, I'd then do sand crabs until about 75 strength, at which point you should switch to doing NMZ all the way to 99 (sand crabs is good only up to about that str level. It's less busy there than it was so maybe you can push this to 80-85 str and not get crashed too often but I tend to leave NMZ then). If doing sand crabs for a while, you'd probably benefit from getting bearhead and varrock 1 armor. 

Personally I'd do afk mage training to about 75 (splashing, sand crabs, alching, stun-alching, bolts, etc.) and then start fire waving in NMZ to 99. There are other methods ofc, like bursting in MM tunnels or barraging but I find them to be tedious, especially after maxing range there to 99 (more than once now). 

If you're wanting to clan PK or revs PK, you should make sure you're training mage with HP, at least from 75 mage. Otherwise you can end up maxed with around 93-94 hp, which is pretty dogshit for a maxed account. Doing pest control or other hp training methods are tedious AF when you max. 

The key thing is during the first few levels use wildy equipment (vig chain, craws) at the lowest CB possible, in safe spots, to take advantage of the accuracy bonuses more so than the damage. That and plan out your build to maximise the bonuses you unlock for each. Range is the one that benefits least from nominal increases in bonuses so that's why we do it first - the only unlock is anguish and that's not so important when you're cannoning. 

Note also that the viggora's chainmace(u) has the same str bonuses as a dragon scim. If you don't want to complete MM (to enable mage training there later) but want to begin training, you can use that without ether in NMZ. 

Feel free to ask about anything.

kGFqFqt.png

The reason for amulet on the floor btw is not because I was pked. Safest way to bring a cannon (and have full pots) is to tele up with cannon, plant it down and return. Whenever I needed more cannonballs/ether, etc., I just traded my account at entrance.

Edited by Chip Dump
On 10/24/2019 at 3:01 PM, 1 hit pk ya said:

@Chip Dump can you provide your rationale for not training melee at all? Thanks

I actually spent a bit of time today writing up an updated guide. You can check it out here: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Jesserr said:

How much does it cost to blowpipe range nmz?

How many lvls r we talking? Think it cost me like 35m ish to 99 with mith darts, pray pots included.