Kruck
Polar
TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

This Boy's ****ing Fit

Ikz

The way you point your toes when squatting will train different quad locations, I do 2 different type of squads, first I do the normal one with straight toes*and then I do the squat where my legs are slighty a bit more open and my toes are pointing outwards, u shud try that out

you'd have more luck targetting specific quad locations during accessory work such as adjusting feet-placement whilst leg-pressing. e.g. narrower stance for more sweep activation. 

changing your squat stance to target differents parts of the quad is pretty pointless and also recipe for injury. just work on progressive overload whilst using a neutral/preferred stance, therefore not altering the involvement of other muscles such as hamstrings/glutes. btw not being "rude".

Edited by Steroids

Thanks for the answer and knowledge, appreciated!

However I disagree in where you said that its pointless to change squat locations to target different muscle quad parts, maybe its arguable that n some peoples case it is pointless yes because only a few people can really do squat, people with back problems cant really do it or they might get injured from it, but if we use that logic then the people that can squat shud always try to target inside and outside front quads while doing squat, in my opinion!

In the end we are both right, and that workout does work for me at least

Lol at targeting different locations of a muscle, pointing your toes inwards will use more glutes and hamstrings not a different part of your muscle, brb holding the dumbbell differently and targeting my inner chest, no lol, when your muscle contracts, the whole thing contracts at once

Lol at targeting different locations of a muscle, pointing your toes inwards will use more glutes and hamstrings not a different part of your muscle, brb holding the dumbbell differently and targeting my inner chest, no lol, when your muscle contracts, the whole thing contracts at once

wait WHAT THE FUCK LOL, "pointing your toes inwards will target hamstrings" nigga, do you even squat

Edited by So_easy99

http://70sbig.com/blog/2012/03/should-i-point-my-toes-forward/

According to here, foot position only makes a 2% difference in training which is basically nothing... (even though they say 2% of 1000 reps will be noticeable..), in my opinion the time and effort just wouldn't be worth it lol. (to do both forward/outer)

They are compound anyway

Edited by DeltaPapa

´That doesnt include the typical brain problem of getting used to one exercise over and over, so you gotta change it here and there to make more gains, but ye thats an useful link and I just learnt ^

jesus just fucking pump weights and eat well and you will see results quit reading all this broscience.

dont forget to split your protein shake in half pre and post workout for 21% increase in muscle growth :kappa:

Edited by k or as i

Just wear a fucking blindfold then so your brain/muscles won't know what exercise they are doing

Your subcounscious would still know what exercise you were doing, lel

curling 20's with good form its unbelievable the strength gains ive made this year.

also thoughts on bow wow we in da club as a gym pumper im hooked on it lol

Edited by k or as i

So Ulisses uploaded this video and made a description on it and I instantly thought on posting here cauz the subject is related with the way you place ur feet while squatting:

"Feet placement is very important when targeting different part of your legs."-Ulisses

vs

"Lol at targeting different locations of a muscle, pointing your toes inwards will use more glutes and hamstrings not a different part of your muscle, brb holding the dumbbell differently and targeting my inner chest, no lol, when your muscle contracts, the whole thing contracts at once "-Rat

Rat, pls. 

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=749613611775953&set=vb.114798068590847&type=2&theater

Edited by So_easy99

yeah he also claims natural

btw pros lie about their training styles to make them seem more complicated, therefore getting more clients to pay for their coaching services etc. not many people are going to buy this book "how to build muscle - pick up the weights then put back down"

I agree, there is alot of cheesy stuff about bodybuilding and how everyone in the "top" is making use of their knowledge in order to fool the beginners, 

but then again, why would he need to bother bout lieing about an exercse just to make more clients? He is already rich and I dont really think he does give a fuck about all that to be completely honest.

And getting back to the quads exercise subject, it is very simple: in the end of the day it doesnt really matter what you end up doing in your leg day. If you arent going to do something professional in terms of bodybuilding, true you can just train 1 type of quads (if that is not boring for you, then why not, it is boring for me tho), and still get good legs, and false you cant do that if you go pro I guess

Edited by So_easy99

Unforunately just because Ulisses has an amazing physique doesn't mean he knows much about the biomechanics or muscle recruitment of lifting.

"Bipolar surface electrodes placed on the bellies of the v. lateralis and v. medialis and on the lateral and medial portions of the rectus femoris revealed no significant differences in electrical activity for any muscle due to changes in foot position during the squat."

http://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/1995/08000/Effect_of_Foot_Position_on_the_Electromyographical.11.aspx

Journal of Strength and Conditioning research.  Can't get much better than that.  Beleive what you want though;  whatever works for you, works for you.

I mean.. It looks interesting and all but didnt they just did a study about 1 single training, and arent we talking about a consistant way of training your quads for months? Of course that the difference will never be big if they just study it for just one damn time. But it is like you said in which i've never denied before, you gotta do whatever works the best for you ye.

Lol someone with a good body said something must be true! Phil Heath claims fish thins out your skin making you look drier and leaner, let's all start eating fish. Good thing I eat your mums fanny on a dai lee bai seez I must be lean as heck.. The fact is when you squat, your whole quad contracts... If leg positioning increased involvement of certain areas significantly enough to make that area grow more than another despite the whole quad being used, it'd probs snap up...How bout you show us your physique so we can choose whether or not anything you say has any value if that's the logic you follow ?

- Rat

Edited by Dog

Ye lets just pretend that every single bodybuilder out there is lieing to us cauz iluminati ROFL, whatever. 

I've shown my body on before and current topic, if you are so curious go check it out, rat.

Edited by So_easy99

people just need to accept that a person with 20+ inch arms and remaining single digit BF is using good shit.

the body builders that make big fools out of them selves are the ones that claim they train harder than others which is why they have godlike physiques.

simeon panda goes to the same gym as ph0ne metro flex south London his stack is apparently prop, tren ace, masteron, growth, insulin and most likely EQ yet he claims natty in every interview without even being asked if he's on juice.

heres a really funny thread from bb.com kalimuscle 2008 claiming natty 22" arms R0FL 

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=11150276

apple juice for days

Edited by k or as i

I mean, like I've said before, I do agree that most of the bodybuldiers lie in order to benefit from it, but dont generalize. Most of them also train for decades and they know their shiit and they share constructive advices for people out there

No they train for decades and make assumptions as to why their muscle is a certain way when really that's just how their muscle is shaped when grown to that size, because they're thick as shit.