Kruck
Teleporting
[ Warlord ] [ Council ] don
Lay
TBR

This Boy's ****ing Fit

Ikz

Opinions on carbs before bed?

I usually get home from gym around 8.30-9ish and obviously wanna restore gylocgen. However there will be loads of unused carb energy? [bulking btw)

if you're filling your macros go for it, if you're bulking it's not that big of a problem as long as you're not filling yourself with simple carbs and sugars before you go to bed that will break down in 20 min.

When I was on cut I'd have most of my carbs for the day pre and post workout, pre for energy, post for glycogen re storage. Had a few carbs for breakfast mainly coming from the milk in my protein shakes and maybe some at night in another shake depending on macros... The whole carbs before bed is overrated if you read about it online through some studies. I got pretty lean 11-12% just following calories in vs calories out and being strict on macros.

Just had the shittest shake ever lol.

I got one of these fancy electronic blender shake things

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/hurricane-blender1

Only had it a month or so, and it keeps playing up, as in doesnt start or is too weak to mix the powder lol.

It stopped midway through blending and had to drink a proper lumpy dry shake =[

+ Does anyone hate it when a new supplement comes and you cant find the scoop for it inside? Then you find it right at the bottom when you've nearly finished it lol

just use a shaker with either the spring in it or a spiral, costs 5 bucks and blends them pretty well

+ Does anyone hate it when a new supplement comes and you cant find the scoop for it inside? Then you find it right at the bottom when you've nearly finished it lol

stick your hand in when you first buy it and pull it out lol

Edited by Ikz

I really have problems eating 190g - 200g of protein every day. Half of the time I wake up after hitting snooze several times shower and barely have time to eat than go to work. I never really have an appetite. I guess I am not disciplined enough :(

I really have problems eating 190g - 200g of protein every day. Half of the time I wake up after hitting snooze several times shower and barely have time to eat than go to work. I never really have an appetite. I guess I am not disciplined enough :(

i lift twice a a week at 6:15 am so what I do is make something the night before and re heat or just buy pre made stuff. Just easier to do if you're lacking an appetite

My macros for bulking right now, only been on bulk for a week and it's gonna be a long one:

300g carbs = 1200 calories

250g protein = 1000 calories

82g fat = 738 calories

----------------------------

Total = 2938 calories

Gram of protein/carb is 4 calories while fat is 9 calories per a gram.

About a 350-400 surplus on my maintenance depending on what calculation you use. 2.5lb gain a month of quite lean mass if I stick to macros (estimated), hoping to add on near 15lbs of weight which will mostly be clean mass by October. Looking to go from 171lbs to 185. Doesn't seem like much for 7-8 months but won't be putting on that much bodyfat and will stay quite lean. Will of course make adjustment to macros if I need to.

In terms of gym I'm going 5 times a week, each weekday, weekend off. Chest/Triceps -> Back/biceps -> Legs -> Shoulders -> Back. I'm doing back twice for now as I did chest twice a week for a while last year and it's a bit ahead of everything because of that. I slouch forward to compensate for tight chest muscles which leads to bad posture so getting my back to catch up will help. Nothing wrong with working a muscle group twice a week as long as you have 3~ days rest between.

@Jon best advice I can give you on protein is to ensure you have some source of protein every meal whether you're bulking or cutting. Shakes are always there too; easy and quick to make and take. Veta's advice is good too, when I have uni I prepare left overs the night before or make meals the night before and take them with me.

Edited by Tris

@Triko, thanks mate I knew it wasn't adding up on myfitnesspal for some reason. Took them from myfitnesspal direct this time.

@Delta

It's one of my shortest days and to be honest one could easily incorporate shoulders with chest since most press exercises involve your front delts, especially incline, so adding some raises on chest day and reverse flys on back day would have you sorted rather then having a day for shoulders.

I choose to have a shoulder day mainly because I have time to fill until uni starts.

As for a shoulder day an example of what I do:

DB Shoulder Press OR BB Military Press x3

Arnold Press x3

Front raises x3

Side raises x3

Reverse flys x3

BB/DB Shrugs x3

Plate Shrugs ( I do Traps on shoulder day obviously) x3

Dunno works for me.

Edited by Tris

This birthday cake is coming in handy.

Extra 500 calories needed? BIRTHDAY CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE. Bulkbrah