Kruck
Polar
TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

A Log

MikeQ

I've been working out for ~10 years; originally for sports, but now on my own time. I wanted to start keeping track of lifts to see if I am even making gains anymore and I figured this was as good a place as any. I doubt I will be vigilant about updating it; we'll see.

Currently 5'10" 150 lbs

Monday 10/1/12 - Chest & Tris (Note: today was cut short due to a meeting)

Exercice - Weight, lbs * Reps

Flat Bench

135*8

195*1

175*3

165*4

155*6

Decline Bench

155*6

155*6

185*2

155*4

The following moves were supersetted, meaning no rest in between

Cable Flies - 25 each hand*8

Standard Push Ups - 15

Triceps Rope Pulldown - 57.5*8

Repeat 2 more times

Bodyweight Dips

3 set of 8 reps

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeQ

• Reevesy

• Hotkeying

• Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 21, nearly 22. Not looking for tips. I know what I'm doing. Simply need numbers written down somewhere for reference. I'm down around 6% body fat and have an extremely fast metabolism, so gaining weight isn't easy. Next year after I graduate I will have a real job and income and will be able to afford a higher caloric intake. As for now, I am financially self-sufficient working as an intern...so money is tight. I don't have a mommy and daddy to buy food for me.

Tuesday 10/2/12 - Back & Abs

Deadlift

135*10

185*8

205*6

225*5

245*3

Bent Over Barbell Rows

135*10

145*8

155*8

Barbell Shrugs

225*10

225*10

315*3

225*5

Squats - I do legs on Friday, but throw in some squats here because I like to do it twice a week

135*10

205*8

225*8

245*6

Leg Lifts

3 sets of 15

Wide Grip Pull ups

3 sets of 8

Crunch Machine

3 sets of 150*15

Back Flyes

130*8

130*8

145*6

Oblique Raises

3 sets using 50 lb dumbbell, 10 reps each side

Seated Bench Rows

140*8

140*8

140*8

if u know what ur doing why y are you:

1. 150lbs after 10 years

2. doing shrugs on a back day

3. making the usual "rly fast metabolism" excuse.

if u know what ur doing why y are you:

1. 150lbs after 10 years

2. doing shrugs on a back day

3. making the usual "rly fast metabolism" excuse.

1 and 3 are points that i was gonna bring up but cba, but u should look into the back anatomy, traps are a part of your back. they go from your neck to half way down your spine.

is it just me or does this seem really unbelievable:

Standard Push Ups - 15

is it just me or does this seem really unbelievable:

Standard Push Ups - 15

Its in lbs not kilos so not really unbeleivable lol

Looks like it's time to do this log somewhere else.

A few things to note for the world's leading experts in weight training, who apparently reside in this video game forum:

1. Working out does not mean lifting. I grew up playing sports, not in front of a computer screen like the majority of people on the forum. Work outs primarily consisted of cardio and high repetition weight routines. I have only been able to start bulking over the last year or two since I've been living on my own time.

2. I have gained 25 pounds since then. My brother, who is essentially the same genetically and does not lift anymore, weighs ~120 lbs, so I'd say I'm doing alright.

3. I don't see what is wrong with the picture. Definition looks pretty solid considering the poor lighting and quality. I have a year's worth of improvement since then and would put myself up against 99% of the population of this forum.

4. To address the implication of lying: I'm not sure what I am being accused of being dishonest about. If I were going to make up weights, I would make them much more impressive than what I am currently lifting.

man y u so defensive. P.s in ur old pic u said u were 160lbs and now you're 150lbs. Now I only got a U in maths, but i'm pretty sure that 160 + 25 isn't 150

I weighed in at about 157 at that time and probably rounded up to 160. Today I weighed in at 151.3...it's easier to just say 150 because it fluctuates. When I came to college I weighed 125, meaning that my net gain has been 25 pounds. I'm glad that you have so little going on that you can search through old topics and try to start shit over nothing.

Thursday 10/4/12 - Shoulder, Biceps and Abs

Barbell Overhead Press

115*8

125*8

135*6

Suphinated Dumbbell Curls

40*8

40*8

45*5

Dumbbell Overhead Press

50*8

55*8

55*6

Leg Lifts

3 set of 15

Seated Curls

40*6

40*7

40*6

Barbell Rows

80*8

80*8

80*7

Crunch Machine

3x 150*15

21s - Using a barbell and doing 7 reps of lower half curls, 7 upper and 7 full range

3 sets using 50 lbs

Straight Arm Shoulder Flyes (dumbbells)

20*12

20*10

20*10

Why do I do a shoulder workout on shoulder day......hmmm...........

Can you go be an idiot on someone else's thread, please?

I really hope youre joking mr 150lbs.. if you did wide grip barbell rows, itd utilise your rhomboids and lower traps, yes, which are BACK MUSCLES, if youre implying it uses rear delts or upper traps then you really need to reassess your form, even still, barbell rows are far better suited to keeping elbows in and using predominantly lats, low cable rows with a wide grip would be better for rhomboids. I asked a genuine question and you call me an idiot when you seem to be wrong anyway, please feel free to pick any point of what i just said and tell me where that makes me an idiot, and tell me which shoulder muscles are used. Clown.

Also before you nit pick at the fact that i made fun of your weight by telling me you have a fast metabolism and cannot afford to eat more calories, also since im sure you'll probably use your independence from your parents as an excuse for not being able to afford food, get a part time job, budget more wisely, eat more caloric dense food, i know people at uni that can afford to smoke, drink etc multiple times a week, And you cannot afford to eat 1/3 more than the average person? cut the excuses and take your psuedo-intellect elsewhere before calling me an idiot please. Confrontational little mug