Erik
Kruck
Teleporting
[ Warlord ] [ Council ] don
Lay
TBR

Lat's cardio log

Lat

Pretty much I want to get to a lower body fat percentage as I am a little overweight. Naturally, I have a decent build with broad shoulders and not super skinny. I do not wish to get bigger (muscle wise) as I couldn't care less about that. I am making this thread to keep a log to keep track of my progress and to maybe gain some tips on how to improve.

Anyways, I am planning to get down to 10% body fat and maintain it, maybe less as time goes by, but I plan on doing cardio every weekday after class. I also plan on consuming as few carbohydrates as possible, and eat as healthy as possible.

height: 5'5 (jelly?)

Starting Weight:177lbs (will edit tomorrow)

Starting body fat percentage: N/A (will edit tomorrow)

Day 1:

52 Minutes on treadmill, 15 incline, 3 speed (started at 3.5, lowered it to 3.2 and then to 3) with a 5 minute cool down.

660 calories burned

600 calories consumed (roughly, probably less)

Day 2:

47 Minutes on treadmill, 15 incline, 3 speed (started at 3.5, lowered it to 3.2 and then to 3) with a 2 minute cool down.

610 calories burned

1000ish calories consumed ( I bought subway, I was starving had a foot long cold cut sub on whole wheat. Some carbs in there but a decent amount of fiber, looking forward to shitting bricks tonight. Then ate some pork at home, which wasn't a lot as I was still pretty full from the sub)

I was too tired to do much, I could have gone for the big 800 cals in 60 minutes but I ate like 4 slices of chicken ham as I was late for school. Looking to hit atleast 700 in an hour tomorrow.

If you want to lower your BF, then stop doing 50 minute runs. You're better off doing half an hour of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) for example 30 second all out sprint, 30 second walk, rinse, repeat and do it 10 times.

That will burn more calories than that 50 minute jog.

Also, if you want to lower your BF more efficiently, start squatting, start deadlifting, start benching, focus on your compounds, the key is to mix up cardio and weight training to get maximum results. You don't need a cardio log, just start a weight training log.

600 calories consumed? doesn't sound like a healthy diet to me. the key isn't starving yourself. I guarantee you won't keep that up anyway.

that was just that day because I wasn't even hungry lol. And I cba with squats and shit I just want something easy and that I can stick to. I should have mentioned that I have done this in the past for 2 weeks and lost 20 pounds. This method works really well for me, I don't really like doing squats and deadlifts and shit. Might look into HIIT training though, I'll do some research on it and try some stuff out.

Day 2:

47 Minutes on treadmill, 15 incline, 3 speed (started at 3.5, lowered it to 3.2 and then to 3) with a 2 minute cool down.

610 calories burned

1000ish calories consumed ( I bought subway, I was starving had a foot long cold cut sub on whole wheat. Some carbs in there but a decent amount of fiber, looking forward to shitting bricks tonight. Then ate some pork at home, which wasn't a lot as I was still pretty full from the sub)

I was too tired to do much, I could have gone for the big 800 cals in 60 minutes but I ate like 4 slices of chicken ham as I was late for school. Looking to hit atleast 700 in an hour tomorrow.

Tom (Rendition)

urhhhhhhhh. 1000 calories a day still isnt enough, especially if you are spending almost an hour on a treadmill.  Sounds very unhealthy.

I don't know how the speed setting on your treadmill works, but 3 sounds quite slow.  Do 1 minute sprinting, 1 minute jogging, 1 minute sprinting.  You could burn 1000 calories in half the time.  Much better fat burner, and much better workout in general.

if u have a stepper machine at ur gym.. try it.. will rape ur legs though. put it on the highest setting, thats like 1500 cals/hr.. depends on ur bw tho

if u have a stepper machine at ur gym.. try it.. will rape ur legs though. put it on the highest setting, thats like 1500 cals/hr.. depends on ur bw tho

idk what that is but I'll ask someone. This thing rapes my legs too though but only for like 30 mins then they're fine again.

urhhhhhhhh. 1000 calories a day still isnt enough, especially if you are spending almost an hour on a treadmill.  Sounds very unhealthy.

I don't know how the speed setting on your treadmill works, but 3 sounds quite slow.  Do 1 minute sprinting, 1 minute jogging, 1 minute sprinting.  You could burn 1000 calories in half the time.  Much better fat burner, and much better workout in general.

Yeah I know, I've consuming such little calories cuz I'm not used to my new schedule, and I am usually rushing out the door to get to class. Level 3.5 is speed walking, when it gets to level three (which I usually lower it to three at around the 45 minute mark)That's when it's pretty slow, but it's just cause I am tired at this point and I am near my cool down. I am quite interested in the HIIT workouts now and I will look into it, thanks for pointing them out (also thanks to Smush for first suggesting it)

Nigga, eat more, also not even an hour jog? if you wana lose weight fast, cross country OUTSIDE, not in the gym u cunt, gym gives u the comfort zone of stopping, as of outside being cold, u can run further

Nigga, eat more, also not even an hour jog? if you wana lose weight fast, cross country OUTSIDE, not in the gym u cunt, gym gives u the comfort zone of stopping, as of outside being cold, u can run further

sounds good. I might just start going for jogs outside instead of the gym.

look its all about calories in vs calories out. when you are eating under your maintenance, you will lose weight. a lot of things people are saying really has no affect on you.

research diet properly plz.

look its all about calories in vs calories out. when you are eating under your maintenance, you will lose weight. a lot of things people are saying really has no affect on you.

research diet properly plz.

There's different types of diets that work for different people depending on their needs. This is working for me and my body is reacting to it in a positive way. I did do my research, I am leaning more towards just eating protein and fat with minimal carbs, and no, it's not always calories in vs calories out, that's a very basic understanding of nutrition which doesn't work for most people trying to lose weight. I've only been eating little because I haven't been hungry and I've been busy with school.

600 calories? Do you eat like 3 grapes every meal.

That's exactly right, are you a psychic?