Rob

Adam's Training Log

Adam|Spakka

Tom (Rendition)

15/11/2011

Bench

20kg x 12

40kg x 12

50kg x 4 Not impressed, guess that's what happens when you don't train for 2-3 weeks

I think it must be your diet or something :s.

When I started working out, I went to Australia for a month and didn't lift the whole time.  I got back and my Db bench had only dropped by 2kg on each side :s.

I work 6 days a week too.  Just keep your workouts short but intense, 16 sets is enough.  Make sure all the exercises are compound, and make sure you hit them hard.

15/11/2011

Bench

20kg x 12

40kg x 12

50kg x 4 Not impressed, guess that's what happens when you don't train for 2-3 weeks

When I started working out, I went to Australia for a month and didn't lift the whole time.  I got back and my Db bench had only dropped by 2kg on each side :s.

I work 6 days a week too.  Just keep your workouts short but intense, 16 sets is enough.  Make sure all the exercises are compound, and make sure you hit them hard.

Probably that yeah, i have 1 proper meal a day and usually grab a plate of chips or whatever for dinner at work =/

Tom (Rendition)

15/11/2011

Bench

20kg x 12

40kg x 12

Probably that yeah, i have 1 proper meal a day and usually grab a plate of chips or whatever for dinner at work =/

That would be it then :(

Sucks tbh, might buy some high calorie protein/carb shake to start taking at work for easy calories, have no time/effort to be eating properly atm :/

lol reevesy knows all the very cheap bulk food. surprised he not told u.

I have and its stickied. and he gets £95 a week apprenticeshp just talking rammel any excuse now

Couscous/brown rice/brown pasta/whole grain bread are all relatively cheap forms of carbs, can buy bulk for cheaper in most countries.

Peanuts/Peanut Butter, cheap forms of healthy fats and decent protein intake.

Cans of tuna are cheap forms of protein intake, good fats too.

Taking a can of tuna somewhere or spending 20 minutes preparing a few days meals is worth it in the long run.

Bag of large peanuts, few cans of tuna, box of couscous and large tub of peanut butter with a loaf of wholegrain bread costs me under $15 for the majority of the time and lasts me 4th days with the exception of having dinner made at home by parents which is usually chicken/rice/veges or something like that.

I don't get 95 quid a week lol.. i get one 30min break at work, always busy, max meals ill be able to start having when i get paid is 4 a day, morning, break, after work, before bed

yh and? make sure those meals are full of ur required nutrients / 3k+ calories. the standard 6 meals is not required at all, just enlarge the others.

Tom (Rendition)

My understanding is that if you are trying to bulk; 3 large meals is better.  If you have frequent smaller meals it speeds up your metabolism (not what you want if you are bulking).  amiwrong?

There's quite a lot of debate around that topic Tom, however most people in the end agree that consistency is the key and the difference in gains between different meal amounts is minimal as long as you hit your macros.

( I read quite alot of articles when I'm bored :rolleyes:)

Amazing day today tbh

19/11/2011

Sprinted .5 miles to gym this morning... had some inspiration from Kai Greene's videos for this workout, concentrating on form and getting full contraction and stretch of the muscles etc, not so much about weights.

Hack Squats

40 x 12

60 x 12

60 x 8

Leg Press

150 x 12

190 x 12

230 x 12 (Vidded, upload later)

Lying Leg Curl

35 x 12

45 x 11

55 x 6

Leg Extension

45 x 12

55 x 12

75 x 12 (Why not? :P)

Seated Calf Raises

40 x 12

60 x 12

80 x 3

Rode to local woods (10 miles return trip) and hit the trails all day, would say i rode about 5-10 miles of trails, hardcore uphills and epic downhills :)

<3

yea i know lol, i try to keep it to a low intensity

ima start eating properly again on the 30th of this month (payday), with 1-2 workouts a week, anybody know of any good full upper body workout programmes? I was thinking like deadlift & bench, then like 1-2 isolations for every upper body muscle group.

• 2 weeks later...

^that plan went down the drain after i blew all my wages on clothes and bike stuff, so ashamed of myself for that

anyways

6/12/2011

Squat

bar x 12

40 x 12

60 x 12

80 x 0 (wasn't feelin it at all, back is so weak atm)

Leg Press

190 x 12

240 x 12

260 x 6

Lying Curls

40 x 12

50 x 4 (wtf? ragequit.)

Leg Extensions

50 x 12 dropsetted to

25 x 12 (One Legged)

50 x 12 dropsetted to

30 x 10 (One Legged)

60 x 12 dropsetted to

25 x 10 (One Legged)

BURNNNNNNNNNN

Seated Calf Raises

30 x 20

40 x 20

60 x 16

Finished up with some tricep pushdown/db curl supersets

7/12/2011

Deadlift

60 x 12

80 x 8

100 x 1

80 x 8

Low Row Machine

40 x 12

60 x 8

65 x 8

DB Rows

40lbs x 12

45lbs x 8

40lbs x 12

Straight Arm Rope Pulldown

35lbs x 12

40lbs x 12

45lbs x 5

Close Grip Lat Pulldown

40 x 8

35 x 12

35 x 8

Cable Curl w/ ez bar

20lbs x 12

35lbs x 12

40lbs x 4

Seated DB Curls

15lbs x 12

20lbs x 8

25lbs x 4

Hammer Curls

20 x 8 x 3

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

14/12/2011

Just looked in mirror this morning and eyed out some of the more lacking muscle groups in my epicly lacking upper body. (Forearms, traps, delts, lats, biceps/triceps)

Wrist Curls (forearm supported on bench)

was using some fixed weight bar, think it was like 40lbs in total

x 15 (Never experienced the pump like this, forearms are actually about to explode)

Reverse Curls (Reverse grip bicep curls, dunno how much the bar weighed so not counting it)

10lbs x 20

15lbs x 15

15lbs x 12

Standing forearm curl

25kg x 20

27.5kg x 20

27.5kg x 15

BB Shrugs

60kg x 20

60kg x 20

60kg x 13 (Grip gave out, never train forearms first lol)

DB Press

20lbs x 12

25lbs x 12

30lbs x 12

Close Grip Lat Pulldown

40kg x 12

50kg x 12

55kg x 12

Had like 10mins left till gym closed so finished up with a load of ez bar curls supersetted w/ tricep pushdown as per.