Lay
TBR

Adam's Training Log

Adam|Spakka

DOB - 10/08/94

Height - 177cm

Weight - 69kg

Everything will be in Metric.

Was gonna just use Bodybuilding.com's workout tracker there, but i always forget & i use these forums daily anyways so i'll just do it here:)

Constructive critisism only please :)

[ weight x reps ]

2/9/2011

Military Press

bar x 15

+10 x 15

+20 x 15

Dumbell Press

12 x 15

20 x 12

20 x 12

16 x 15

Side Raises

16 x 8

12 x 7

12 x 7

12 x 7

12 x 7

Situp Machine

15 x 15

25 x 15

35 x 15

40 x 15

50 x 15

Standing Calf Raises

Bar x 15

+10 x 15

+30 x 15

+60 x 15

+80 x 15

+90 x 15

Shoulders, abs and calves? :s

Do basic split? Chest/tris, quads/calves, back/bis, hamstrings/abs/forearms, shoulders/traps.

Or summat like that

Do more exercises than that, i dont want to see 15 reps of things.

In your shoulder routine, where do you isolate the back deltoid.

Are you genuinely following a workout plan?

Not trying to be harsh, but just helping

Tom (Rendition)

Stick to 12 reps or less if you are looking to bulk.

and then 3 sets for everything apart from legs (unless pyramiding).

I'm confused by your weights.

You can side raise 16kg (quite a hefty weight for side raised), but then only db bench 20kg (quite a small weight).  Are you sure your form on side raises is good?  Are you swinging?

And the bar is 20kg.

And your split seems a bit strange, go with something like Tango Oscar suggested.

Good luck with your progressions.

Thanks for the help.

I guess i kinda 'explode' when doing side raises, then slowly lower my arms, i'm not sure if i'm doing it right or not :s

My split atm is Legs, Chest & Triceps, rest, Back & Biceps, Shoulders, Abs & Calves, Legs, rest. (Focusing more on the legs because i race Cycle Speedway). So would i be better with something like Tom suggested (Chest/tris, quads/calves, back/bis, hamstrings/abs/forearms, shoulders/traps)?

I'm semi following this - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer-week-1.html

Should i just stick to a basic routine as you mentioned?

What's wrong with 15 reps? :s

Been training for about a month now so yea there's a lot i still have to learn, thanks for the feedback.

Haha try his 12 week programme for sure mate, but hes on roids, and if you look at his transformation, hes cut up not got bigger.

Look up on youtube how to do lateral raises cause technique is key for them, i only do 30lb dumbells with them cause i hold at top for a second and really squeeze

I'm semi following this - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer-week-1.html

Should i just stick to a basic routine as you mentioned?

What's wrong with 15 reps? :s

Been training for about a month now so yea there's a lot i still have to learn, thanks for the feedback.

Haha try his 12 week programme for sure mate, but hes on roids, and if you look at his transformation, hes cut up not got bigger.

Look up on youtube how to do lateral raises cause technique is key for them, i only do 30lb dumbells with them cause i hold at top for a second and really squeeze

Oo i see what you mean, i'm trying to bulk up, not cut haha

I youtubed it and yea i was using pretty much my whole body to build up momentum to raise the dumbells :p

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beginner-to-advanced-bodybuilder-in-12-weeks-phase-4.html

I'm gonna start using this starting from next Monday.

Decided to finish off the split i was on with a leg workout

3/09/2011

Squats (I do go parallel)

bar x 12

50 x 12

70 x 10 Left hamstring was in so much pain after this, think i made too much of a jump, need to do more smaller sets

50 x 12

Leg Press

60 x 12

80 x 12

100 x 12

120 x 12

Leg Extension

30 x 12

45 x 12

55 x 12

Leg Curl

20 x 12

40 x 12

55 x 12

I mean i went from 20 to 50-70 too fast, should've broke it down more instead of getting straight into the big sets, if you know what i mean

Had a 'rest' day today, rode 30 miles, was a bad idea, i'm in so much fucking pain lol.

idiot lol

I thought cardio would be a good idea for rest days, mebe not the day after squatting though :(

Had a 'rest' day today, rode 30 miles, was a bad idea, i'm in so much fucking pain lol.

idiot lol

I thought cardio would be a good idea for rest days, mebe not the day after squatting though :(

maybe not 30 miles :|

5/9/2011

Bench Press

bar x 12

40 x 12

50 x 6

60 x 3

Dumbell Incline Bench Press

12s x 12

16s x 10

18s x 10

Incline Dumbell Flyes

12 x 10

12 x 10

10 x 12

Cable Crossovers

10 x 12

15 x 12

15 x 7

Tricep Rope Pulldown

10 x 12

20 x 8

15 x 12

Dumbell Overhead Tricep Extension

20 x 8

20 x 8

12 x 12

Weighted Situp Machine

20 x 12

40 x 12

60 x 12

Tom (Rendition)

Decent considering you have just started.

A couple of things -

Why drop from 12 reps to 6 reps on your third set of bench press?

If you can get out 18*10 on incline bench, it would probably be worth going to 20*8 as a fourth set.

And if you are trying to bulk, I wouldn't be going on 30 mile bike rides lol.  Do 1 mile sprints and stuff like that if you feel like doing cardio.

I was trying to get out 12 reps on bench press as you said i should, but couldn't get past 6 and didn't wanna push it without a spotter.

Decent considering you have just started.

A couple of things -

If you can get out 18*10 on incline bench, it would probably be worth going to 20*8 as a fourth set.

And if you are trying to bulk, I wouldn't be going on 30 mile bike rides lol.  Do 1 mile sprints and stuff like that if you feel like doing cardio.

ur trying to bulk and u swim/play football every day -.-

6/9/2011

Straight Arm Pulldown

15 x 12

20 x 12

25 x 12

Preacher Curl (Assuming curl bar weighs 10kg, correct me if i'm wrong)

20 x 12

25 x 12

30 x 12

Alternate Dumbell Curl

14 x 8

12 x 8

12 x 6

Incline Dumbell Curl

10 x 6

10 x 6

10 x 6

Rubbish workout, pretty much ruined my day. Need some more exercises for back, completely forgot about the lat pulldown machine, and the gym was pretty full today and i didn't feel like waiting an extra 30mins or so to finally get a hold of the barbell for bent over rows. Meh.

6/9/2011

Straight Arm Pulldown

15 x 12

20 x 12

25 x 12

Preacher Curl (Assuming curl bar weighs 10kg, correct me if i'm wrong)

20 x 12

25 x 12

30 x 12

Alternate Dumbell Curl

14 x 8

12 x 8

12 x 6

Incline Dumbell Curl

10 x 6

10 x 6

10 x 6

Rubbish workout, pretty much ruined my day. Need some more exercises for back, completely forgot about the lat pulldown machine, and the gym was pretty full today and i didn't feel like waiting an extra 30mins or so to finally get a hold of the barbell for bent over rows. Meh.

ouch. redo ur back workout in like 2-3 days lol, try cable low rows with the V bar, dumbbell rows, pulldowns, they r pretty simple and good.