Kruck
Teleporting
[ Warlord ] [ Council ] don
Lay
TBR

Before & Current Pics

Swag

2gtui46.jpg

That was me in 09 when I first started to do a bit of training, was very skinny at around 125lbs.

29w8soz.jpg

2ron6fn.jpg

23skdv.jpg

And thats around what I am now, though im slightly bigger as this pic was taken in November sometime. Weighing around 145lbs.

Target is around 155-165 with 8% BF.

More recently

ohn3x1.jpg

Danny whats ur height? I'm 6'0 and 140lbs, I'm about average for my height here, just starting training now, I should be 160-170 at my goal, maybe 180 if I want to get really into hockey and rugby again.

Danny whats ur height? I'm 6'0 and 140lbs, I'm about average for my height here, just starting training now, I should be 160-170 at my goal, maybe 180 if I want to get really into hockey and rugby again.

It's Sean mate, 5'7 too I'm a smallfag.

Was gonna say thought Dan looked a bit different from his fb pics lol

5'7 eh? Fuck, I couldn't live being that short :P

I think I'll try this thread out when I get my laptop fixed

Bad angle for rest of body, was mainly showing arms. Chest and shoulders are coming along though. I don't neglect any muscle. Though I am lacking on decent lats.

best thing I ever did for lats -

warm up on latpulldown, roughly 3/4 of your bodyweight. couple sets.

then 5 sets of wide-grip pull-ups, 8-12 reps. add weight to urself with a belt etc if too easy. if too hard (likely), train on latpull down more often, or you might b lucky enough to have an assisted pullup machine in your gym.

Nice arms and all, but your abs were showing more when you were 125, now that you're 140 looks like you have more fat covering them.

And IKZ .. 6"0 140 is skinny ..

Nice arms and all, but your abs were showing more when you were 125, now that you're 140 looks like you have more fat covering them.

Having visible abs has very little to do with exercise or sit ups etc. Its almost totally down to body fat percentage, for example when you see all the skinny kids, who have girls arms and a pigeon chest, but cut as hell abs. So even though my abs are still worked and almost certainly much stronger than in the 125 pic, they are less visible.

Its VERY hard to bulk up substantially without losing your abs, its pretty much just an accepted part of a hard gainers journey. But once I reach my goal of 155lbs, thats when I'll start to focus on getting the abs back, and not just skinny abs like int he first pic, but real god mode abs ;)

Tango_Oscar

I'm impressed Meleed, you have a very balanced physique.

As you stated, when you reach your target weight, it would be good to rip down, your not fat in anyway lol.

I hate seeing them skinny kids showing their 8pk on facebook, they look awful lol

Having visible abs has very little to do with exercise or sit ups etc. Its almost totally down to body fat percentage, for example when you see all the skinny kids, who have girls arms and a pigeon chest, but cut as hell abs. So even though my abs are still worked and almost certainly much stronger than in the 125 pic, they are less visible.

Its VERY hard to bulk up substantially without losing your abs, its pretty much just an accepted part of a hard gainers journey. But once I reach my goal of 155lbs, thats when I'll start to focus on getting the abs back, and not just skinny abs like int he first pic, but real god mode abs ;)

Yeah. I was wondering about that cause I've started to bulk up, during the winter season I was at around 148 lbs, now I'm hitting 160 lbs, and my abs are fading away .... Nooo. But my bench has gone up considerably and I can do more pull ups, so idk man. My diet is pretty much two peanut butter whole wheat sandwiches, four bananas, three oranges, turkey, chicken, whole mixed grain rice, and three bowls of cereal.

And I might start retaking protein again because I really want to bulk up.

have u tried doing a bulking routine for a few months then jumping on a cutting routine for a month-6weeks?

you shouldnt lose any of your gains during cutting if you do it right.

have u tried doing a bulking routine for a few months then jumping on a cutting routine for a month-6weeks?

you shouldnt lose any of your gains during cutting if you do it right.

No, I'm brand new to this, I've always been fit, had a fast metabolism, ate moderately healthy, and played sports, I decided to start eating healthy and more so I'm gaining weight slow and steady, but I don't want to lose my abs so we'll see. I just want to see gains in mass, looks, etc. I'll start taking photos to keep track of gains and what not. I want to start lifting on a regular basis like 4 times a week or so.

Upon posting my 'before' pic I can back-up Sean's statement about 'pigeon chest and stick arms';

http://tinypic.com/r/fd8ryp/7

The closest thing to exercise I currently do is shadow boxing. Will be joining a gym in the near future.

I started being around your size, so I will be able to help you a lot with information if you need it mate. Oh and thank you for posting a pic! I was worried I'd be the only one for ever on this thread :(

steroids, whats the difference between wide/close and pull up/chin up, like whats best & why, and should i do a mix or stick with 1 type.

steroids, whats the difference between wide/close and pull up/chin up, like whats best & why, and should i do a mix or stick with 1 type.

mix them up cause they both work different parts of the muscle/different muscles. can only do close grip chin ups they work bicep, close grip pull up work shoulders (traps, deltoids) and wide grip work  latimus dorsi, biceps

You would use wide grip pull ups as part of a back routine and close for shoulder routines.

think im right XD correct me if im wrong anyone

mix them up cause they both work different parts of the muscle/different muscles. can only do close grip chin ups they work bicep, close grip pull up work shoulders (traps, deltoids) and wide grip work traps, deltoids, latimus dorsi.

You would use wide grip pull ups as part of a back routine and close for shoulder routines.

think im right XD correct me if im wrong anyone

Well, your not wrong but there's a tad more to it; For example theres a difference between pull ups and chin ups.

Pull-ups. Palms facing away. Less biceps, more back. Harder.

Chin-ups. Palms facing you. Work your biceps more. Easier.

Wide-Grip Chin-ups -

This exercise works the latissimus dorsi and widens the upper back.

Close-Grip Chin-ups

This exercise develops the serratus and widens the lower latissimus dorsi.

Reverse Chin-ups

This movement helps develop the lats and teres major. It places intense focus on the biceps and brachialis. For that reason it can be integrated into a program focused on training the arm region. The trapezius, rhomboids, and pectorals are also involved. The exercise requires greater strength, but is easier to perform using a high pulley.