Erik
Kruck
Teleporting
[ Warlord ] [ Council ] don
Lay
TBR

FOE Website

II Alek II

I like that stand! I actually have an idea about what to do with graphics like that, although I haven't said anything yet about them because they would be implemented towards the final stages of the project. Good work though!

Thanks Alek, glad you like it. I guess I'll wait till Connor's at the final stages then lolĀ  :p

did a random graphic for the website. Lol, I guess it would be the header for the members page. Just trying to find stuff Connor isn't already finishing :lol:

Let me know what you think.

needs cape :o

Yeah I know, I can add that stuff in, just was messing around with some ideas.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I C0NN0R I

• Shut Up Kid

• II Alek II

• severed arow

I C0NN0R I

ROFL zezikaro you tryhard, if you can design a better-looking website then me feel free, until then shut your mouth.

anyways, Alek can u give an update?

II Alek II

Yep. I had to re-write the website because the method I was going to try to do would only be applicable for 1024x768 resolutions. An update can be found here:

http://www.foe-rs.com/forums/index.php?topic=16247.msg308432#new

Unfortunately, I tried to program the borders like you had, and it requires a lot of programming. This is because the actual "body" changes in size depending on your screen resolution.

What I was thinking about doing is using your screenshot idea when you had the images on the sides, but making them look like film strips. Not sure about this yet though. I'll have to program it using more placers first.

I am still in love with that FOE Bird. It is currently in a 400 x 141 px resolution, however I had to try to manually make the wings distinctive by making a .png transparency and clipping the wings myself. It doesn't look too even. I'll post up a .png transparency without the glow effects when I get back from college so maybe you could take a look at it and make it actually even and not a broken winged mess.

In the mean time I'll finish programming the thing and then ask for your help because I don't want to waste your time in case I have to re-program certain aspects of the site again. Sorry about that :(

Yep. I had to re-write the website because the method I was going to try to do would only be applicable for 1024x768 resolutions. An update can be found here:

http://www.foe-rs.com/forums/index.php?topic=16247.msg308432#new

Unfortunately, I tried to program the borders like you had, and it requires a lot of programming. This is because the actual "body" changes in size depending on your screen resolution.

What I was thinking about doing is using your screenshot idea when you had the images on the sides, but making them look like film strips. Not sure about this yet though. I'll have to program it using more placers first.

I am still in love with that FOE Bird. It is currently in a 400 x 141 px resolution, however I had to try to manually make the wings distinctive by making a .png transparency and clipping the wings myself. It doesn't look too even. I'll post up a .png transparency without the glow effects when I get back from college so maybe you could take a look at it and make it actually even and not a broken winged mess.

In the mean time I'll finish programming the thing and then ask for your help because I don't want to waste your time in case I have to re-program certain aspects of the site again. Sorry about that :(

How about my scroll bar idea :)?

in the picture to the left i really like either the first one, or the blue one allot.

II Alek II

Hey TJ, I love the alienware scroll bars. My friend got a decent alienware laptop. I call it the portable desktop.

Unfortunately the website is auto-aligned to perfectly fit each person's screen resolution, which means there will be no scroll bar at all because you can already see the entire page ;)

However...

Inside the content region I'll see if I can reverse-engineer those scroll bars so I can display more content in the body area (which was a huge concern of mine) thanks for the link!

ROFL zezikaro you tryhard, if you can design a better-looking website then me feel free, until then shut your mouth.

anyways, Alek can u give an update?

I was simply stating that there were certain areas of your layout that stood out as not being too great. I'm not pedantic or anything.

---

Anyways, Check out

http://www.scape-xp.com/

That's PROGRAMMING, not HTML failing.

Ā Html failing is still better than flamebait failing :s
II Alek II

Zezikaro, it's a decently programmed website. It looks like you spent time in it; however there are some bugs with it.

First off, the mouse cursor changes to a text icon when you scroll over a drop down box, the button bar doesn't extend to the fullest capacity in it's div table (Are you sure you are using repeat-x?)

When you go here (no programmed by you) http://www.scape-xp.com/forums/viewonline.php:

and click on "Profile" you reach a dead link.

Also, you use scripts not fully programmed by you.

Also, the load times are out of control.

Zezikaro, it's a decently programmed website. It looks like you spent time in it; however there are some bugs with it.

First off, the mouse cursor changes to a text icon when you scroll over a drop down box, the button bar doesn't extend to the fullest capacity in it's div table (Are you sure you are using repeat-x?)

When you go here (no programmed by you) http://www.scape-xp.com/forums/viewonline.php:

and click on "Profile" you reach a dead link.

Also, you use scripts not fully programmed by you.

Also, the load times are out of control.

Everything apart from the forums is programmed specifically for the website.

And, "the button bar doesn't extend to the fullest capacity in it's div table (Are you sure you are using repeat-x", I assume you mean the "item database" button?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good shit

You're an officer, and you're +1ing the forums?

FOE really has lowered their standards.

Please do not hesitate to fall down an abandoned well and die there, thanks.

Good shit

You're an officer, and you're +1ing the forums?

FOE really has lowered their standards.

Please do not hesitate to fall down an abandoned well and die there, thanks.

lol bth this needed to be bumped.

but yea maybe make the post a little bit more worthwhile.