Polar
TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

Are snares OP in F2P?

Fake Smile

Is there even a problem?

As a person that absolutely loves f2p clanning and clan wars, I have to say it was nearly impossible to war even at a such a big prep, since snares were added to the free to play game play.

I feel like there is a very little chance of surviving if you get snared. 

Even when you're with the clan and not standing out and you get that random snare (clans usually now have people mass snaring anyone) - your clan moves to an opposite side scim push - you're left there alone - bang.

Can you tank it out?

The pray switches aren't helpful and you can't eat alot of food, when there is literally 40 people on you. And you cannot run or "hug" you opponents to get less of them attacking you. The pizza combos are just too weak for so such immediate damage.

It looked very different from what 50v50s used to look like.

Solutions

What do you think?

Was it a bad idea to introduce snares to F2P? How do we fix this? New strategies? Less movements? Should there be new foods or 1def armour introduced to F2P (or cw) to increase the chances of surviving? Should clans do 20def armour preps? 

Now a lot of you made fun of my shield+staff switch. But I feel like the one tick switch while tanking or snared is somewhat helpful and doesn't take time to be done, while the two slots being used will not be needed anyway if you get insta-banged.

The staff gives quite a lot of defensive bonuses (magic as well - which helps you not to get the re-snare), also the anti-dragon shield has a lot of the defensives as well.

xW72s93.png

21QIDNn.jpg

Edited by Fake Smile

You're right, it's a very small chance of surviving  once you're snared, specially if you're caught out of position. And since we move quite alot it's easy to see who's frozen and not. But yea I definetly think clans need to do more 20 def gear preps. 

26 minutes ago, Roldschool said:

I mean if you are in the right position, you will not get snared for the most part.

It just requires better movements and listening.

What if the snarers abuse it and snare our clump randomly? And if the clump moves - you are left there for 15 seconds and can't move with your clan, can you.

snares are fine. just a new meta clans will need to adapt to

you're absolutely right about staying with the group and randomly getting snared...not much you can do there but try to tank a few seconds longer than your opponent.

15 hours ago, ceZa said:

You're right, it's a very small chance of surviving  once you're snared, specially if you're caught out of position. And since we move quite alot it's easy to see who's frozen and not. But yea I definetly think clans need to do more 20 def gear preps. 

Would be interesting to see how 20def gear fights play out.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:27 AM, TW XT said:

snares would be even more op, next to no splashes on mith

That's why it'd be smart to bring a staff +antifire switch in like fake mentioned in the topic. Once snared you'll actually have a chance of tanking it out with a mith plate on.