Erik
Kruck
Teleporting
[ Warlord ] [ Council ] don
Lay
TBR

Over exerted?

Zak

I haven’t done lunges in like 2 years. I use to be able to do 100 then go for a 15 min run afterwards 

So today I did 100 

4 sets of 25 with a 3 min rest between sets. 

Now its 5 hours after and I collapsed when I tried to get up. I think I may have over done it. 

Any tips aside from basically just waiting a day or so for the pain to go away?

100 lunges..? Never join the army bro. Lol. 

But yes yes here’s what you do, you need to massage the lactic acids from your muscles. Get a foam roller, or something that acts as a foam roller. It will hurt like absolute hell especially rolling out already sore muscles, but it will help the muscles heal much faster. 

Caution; never roll out bones\joints. 

3 hours ago, H I T T A said:

100 lunges..? Never join the army bro. Lol. 

But yes yes here’s what you do, you need to massage the lactic acids from your muscles. Get a foam roller, or something that acts as a foam roller. It will hurt like absolute hell especially rolling out already sore muscles, but it will help the muscles heal much faster. 

Caution; never roll out bones\joints. 

1 more year and I’ll be too old for the army.  ?

Eat 150-200g of protein a day. The latter of hard workout days. Do more body weight variations for those legs. Simply lunges will only build certain muscles

You can take supplements & take an ice bath . Your body isn’t conditioned as it was before so doing 100 lunges right away was too much and you could’ve slowed done & worked your way up little by little 

11 hours ago, Zak said:

I haven’t done lunges in like 2 years. I use to be able to do 100 then go for a 15 min run afterwards 

So today I did 100 

4 sets of 25 with a 3 min rest between sets. 

Now its 5 hours after and I collapsed when I tried to get up. I think I may have over done it. 

Any tips aside from basically just waiting a day or so for the pain to go away?

do some other form of leg training or work on a different part of your body.. then the following day go back to lunges

3 hours ago, Colin said:

Take it easy you’re just getting back into it. Drink lots of water, rest, and do plenty of stretching 

stretching made a huge difference, going to do 100 squats today, it burns but im just trying to get back into shape, no more dad bod.