Polar
TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

2018/2019 Football Season

Jordan

3 hours ago, `Ben said:

Not going to comment about owners as I appreciate how you feel (Levy is the highest paid owner in the league, but no signings). However, Mou has spent a shit ton on defensive minded players, including; Lindelof, Bailey and Matic. They’re Mou’s signings, they’re not commercial at all. Given how they’ve backed him in previous windows and gone out and spent 80m (two of those players that have fallen out of favour) I can see why they might be reluctant. 

Obviously it’s United and you guys are used to going out and getting signings as and when you need them and it must be tough to see city and pool strengthening so much - but my sympathy with Mou is limited. He needs to start coaching what he has instead of moaning and sabotaging the season by playing a make-shift 11.

Also stay away from Poch!!

Me and alot of other united fans think only matic/bailey/lukaku were mourinho signings and when they're fit they play.

Pogba was planned/agreed 1year prior to him joining united, Sanchez was Ed woodward sanctioned for commercial value and mourinho has been wanting his own CB's/fullbacks for a long time.

The board want superstars but mourinho wants his own machine, rumour within the club was we offered 100m for varane yet we wouldnt pay 50m for toby?

18 hours ago, Jordan said:

the owners are parasites leeching everything they can from the club, roughly £1.5b taken out of the clubs own profits (not inc. player sales) have gone straight into the glazers pockets.

We've been crying out for players in certain positions since mourinho came in, he wanted the players but Ed woodward only wants commercial players so we havent signed them.

(Perisic, Moura .... list could go on)

We have 2 shit wingers both at the end of thier careers starting at fullback for united while smalling and jones can still get a game and for years we've been crying out for a right winger.

At this point i think mourinho plays certain players (smalling/jones/fellaini/valencia/young/darmian/Mata) to prove a point to the board and to put them in a position of 'back me or sack me' and i think its only going to go one way and if they sack mourinho i can see fans kicking off big time.

if mourinho goes i can only see one man they bring in and thats poch because hes used to working on a budget while achieving top 4/nothing else.

Well said Jordan..Woodward + Glazers isnt a good combination at all, even though we making more money than ever cause of sponsors etc, so many of the players we bought after Fergie retired has been nothing but flops. Woodward is good at the economic stuff, but he needs to let the manager decide who to buy and not...Players like Falcao and Di Maria were both "starplayers" we bought, which Im pretty sure Woodward stood behind to show that "United still can attract big players" and probs to try to excite us fans. We all saw how that went..both flopped and it just looked stupid. Its almost like Woodward is trying to act like Perez in Real and make his own "galacticos" but its clearly not working..Hopefully we gonna get in a sportsdirector very soon, cause right now the club is in quite a mess. And sacking Mourinho now is not the solution imo. 

I think we should get rid of both Smalling, Jones and Lindeløf if/when we get in better replacements. Probs can't sell them all in the same transferwindow though. Bailly is good enough and will only become better so if we get a good parter to him it should help alot. Obviously need someone with quality as a backup too. Still theres alot of missing pieces like our wings like you mention, but also the best midfield etc. And im so sick of the drama going on with Martial now too..if he doesnt want to be here we should just sell him abroad. One positive thing at least is that Shaw was very good yesterday. Still questioning how strong our midfield actually is even though Freds been pretty decent til now, hopefully him together with Matic/Pogba and Pereir/Herrera as back up should be good enough. But both Pogba and Lukaku got to step it up, theyre supposed to carry this team. Once we get Rashford and Lingard in shape too it should secure more W's than L's hopefully. 

11 hours ago, `Ben said:

However, Mou has spent a shit ton on defensive minded players, including; Lindelof, Bailey and Matic. They’re Mou’s signings, they’re not commercial at all. Given how they’ve backed him in previous windows and gone out and spent 80m (two of those players that have fallen out of favour) I can see why they might be reluctant. 

Also stay away from Poch!!

True but those 3 players except Lindeløf are actually both classplayers. Like Jordan said its more about them "starplayers" he was talking about. And I doubt Poch want to leave that project he got going at Spurs who seems to get better every year with him. Levy would never let him go neither lol. 

Edited by ceZa
  • 3 weeks later...
On 16/09/2018 at 6:33 AM, don said:

Liverpool winning everything this year teams stacked

As much as I hate to admit it I actually think it will be between Liverpool & City this year.

Liverpool is scary 

CL starts again this evening boys, can't wait! Todays matches are:

Inter - Tottenham
Barcelona - PSV Eindhoven
Monaco - Atletico
Club Brugge - Dortmund
Red Star - Napoli
L'pool - PSG
Galatasaray(ftw) - Lokomotiv Moskva

Schalke - Porto

Personally gonna focus on watching l'pool - psg match but gonna have an extra eye on Barcas and Tottenhams matches too. Young Boys vs Man United 2morrow!

3 hours ago, ceZa said:

CL starts again this evening boys, can't wait! Todays matches are:

Inter - Tottenham
Barcelona - PSV Eindhoven
Monaco - Atletico
Club Brugge - Dortmund
Red Star - Napoli
L'pool - PSG
Galatasaray(ftw) - Lokomotiv Moskva

Schalke - Porto

Personally gonna focus on watching l'pool - psg match but gonna have an extra eye on Barcas and Tottenhams matches too. Young Boys vs Man United 2morrow!

been busy irl but i'v been keeping up with football, honestly quite happy with how things are going at united but i just hope fellaini isnt played in every game as he offers a specific skill set for a select type of opponent.

spurs vs inter @`Ben you lot controlled that game and bottled it.

30 minutes ago, Jack said:

Shock

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

been busy irl but i'v been keeping up with football, honestly quite happy with how things are going at united but i just hope fellaini isnt played in every game as he offers a specific skill set for a select type of opponent.

spurs vs inter @`Ben you lot controlled that game and bottled it.

I'm used to it by now, lol.