Polar
TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

2018/2019 Football Season

Jordan

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

Lozano from PSV or try and sneak in a bid for douglas costa for RW would be my ideal choices as they're rapid and have end product, both would cost 40-50m.

alderweireld will probably leave on a free next summer since levy is a penny pincher :laugh:

Dont see pool spending big,  FSG are like every other american owner in trying to be self sufficient while being a leech taking money out of the clubs bank , they're basically spending coutinho money + this seasons CL final money + PL money so fans can't moan for them to sell up like previous seasons.

IF fekir has a mad world cup i can see pool being priced out of a deal hence why the lyon president has rejected a £72m bid

Don't see pool signing allison/Oblak as the fee would be 80m~ , Oblak is easily #2 keeper in the world rn behind de gea.

the myth united would sell/swap toby+cash for martial doesn't make financial sense considering in todays market martial is a £120-150m player (going by Dembele fee to barca) + his wages which would break your wage structure out the window or if it did happened then your entire squad would be demanding drastic pay rises which isn't going to happen.

Grealish is a realistic cheap target, a typical levy signing. An unknown with age on his side and the potential to be sold on for proffit or if it doesn't work out then the loss wont be too much.

fekir is better than martial lol martial is not a 150m player no matter how u look at it

5 hours ago, Bronn said:

fekir is better than martial lol martial is not a 150m player no matter how u look at it

different type of players in totally different leagues, fekir is a #10 whereas martial is LW/striker

martials potential makes him far more valueable.

20 hours ago, Jordan said:

the myth united would sell/swap toby+cash for martial doesn't make financial sense considering in todays market martial is a £120-150m player (going by Dembele fee to barca) + his wages which would break your wage structure out the window or if it did happened then your entire squad would be demanding drastic pay rises which isn't going to happen.

Grealish is a realistic cheap target, a typical levy signing. An unknown with age on his side and the potential to be sold on for proffit or if it doesn't work out then the loss wont be too much.

Rumours that we're offering Kane 200k a week, Vertonghen, Lloris and Eriksen 150k a week contracts due to the new revenue from the ground. I'm not typically one to believe all the media hype/ITK's but there's a few people that tend to have a good track record reporting this. I guess we will know if they come out with shiny new contracts in the next few weeks. 

Contrary to popular belief, although the base salary of our players is probably around 6th-7th in the league, it's known that we actually pay extremely high appearance, goals/clean sheet bonus' etc. So tbh, I don't think he's too far out of our pay bracket.

24 minutes ago, `Ben said:

Rumours that we're offering Kane 200k a week, Vertonghen, Lloris and Eriksen 150k a week contracts due to the new revenue from the ground. I'm not typically one to believe all the media hype/ITK's but there's a few people that tend to have a good track record reporting this. I guess we will know if they come out with shiny new contracts in the next few weeks. 

Contrary to popular belief, although the base salary of our players is probably around 6th-7th in the league, it's known that we actually pay extremely high appearance, goals/clean sheet bonus' etc. So tbh, I don't think he's too far out of our pay bracket.

just think you would have to break the bank in terms of transfer fee because the media thinks we're gna give u lot 60m for an almost 30 yr old CB while giving you martial (3 years left on contract) for what 20m? 

I can only see martial leaving to go to another elite european club with ambition and where hes going to become a world beater.

just media bullshit fuelled by the anti-mourinho brigade :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Jordan said:

just think you would have to break the bank in terms of transfer fee because the media thinks we're gna give u lot 60m for an almost 30 yr old CB while giving you martial (3 years left on contract) for what 20m? 

I can only see martial leaving to go to another elite european club with ambition and where hes going to become a world beater.

just media bullshit fuelled by the anti-mourinho brigade :laugh:

Maybe, but considering we paid 40m for 21 year old centre back Sanchez means that if we think the player is good enough, we'd pay for them.

Wouldn't be surprised if we offered 30m + Toby (40m odd player) for Martial. Do that mean I think it'll happen? No.

Edited by `Ben

Disappointed so far with lack of movement by emery, was hoping to see a lot of activity before World Cup and prices boom.

Lichsteiner a good addition for free but we seriously need new cbs and GK before the season starts as well as a powerhouse middlefield like nzonzi

shootmyfruit
30 minutes ago, Bronn said:

mane firmino salah

keita fabinho fekir

robertson van dijk (cb) trent

allison/oblak

champions league winners 2019?

:))))))))))))))))))))))))

yikes

9 hours ago, Eldar said:

Disappointed so far with lack of movement by emery, was hoping to see a lot of activity before World Cup and prices boom.

Lichsteiner a good addition for free but we seriously need new cbs and GK before the season starts as well as a powerhouse middlefield like nzonzi

sokratis supposedly near done but i think you'll still need another CB, wouldn't be suprised if you went in for nzonzi (cheap / worked with emery).

GK wise you'll probably pick up a german keeper.

19 hours ago, `Ben said:

:) :) :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44416749

Eriksen, Lloris and Vertonghen to follow.

so whos taking over the managerseat at Real? Can't believe Zidane left them at this point tbh, not too many worldclass managers avaliable now either...

16 minutes ago, Tyrion Lannister said:

so whos taking over the managerseat at Real? Can't believe Zidane left them at this point tbh, not too many worldclass managers avaliable now either...

Conte would be a good match. He has a good history of rebuilding teams and has the typical short-term approach that Madrid tends to work under.

17 minutes ago, `Ben said:

Conte would be a good match. He has a good history of rebuilding teams and has the typical short-term approach that Madrid tends to work under.

A good manager for sure, but I'm not sure if hes style fits into this RM tbh. That loose playstyle under Ancelotti and not at least Zidane, is what I think they need tbh and of course a manager they all will respect..We all saw how it went with Benitez lol .I think Conte would mess up that system and make them play less attractive. Maybe they will get explayer and legend Guti in as manager? At least they all know him and got respect for him just like with Zidane but it wouldve be a big chance to take...

No Fekir since man got dodgy knee

shaqiri would fit Liverpool style of play 

def need Allison or oblak at gk

wallahi ain’t trying to see karius in goal anymore

Confirmed: Julen Lopetegui taking over RM once the world cup is finished! Very exciting to see how he does but I think its a good and smart choise from Florentino! He knows most of the spanish guys in their squad already since hes been managing most of the Spain U youth teams all the way up to the 1st team. That should be a huge advantage. 

Edited by ceZa
the real faker
6 hours ago, ceZa said:

Confirmed: Julen Lopetegui taking over RM once the world cup is finished! Very exciting to see how he does but I think its a good and smart choise from Florentino! He knows most of the spanish guys in their squad already since hes been managing most of the Spain U youth teams all the way up to the 1st team. That should be a huge advantage. 

Was rooting for Wenger to get the RM job but oh well :laugh:.