Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

2017/18 Football Season

Jordan

the real faker
13 hours ago, `Ben said:

@msixtynine

Has the tide in north London changed? Spurs beating Madrid and Arsenal drawing blanks against some Serbian side? 

Madrid out of form and missing key players (Varane, Carvajal, Navas & Bale) whereas Arsenal fielding completely different starting 11 in Europe this season to prem side so no, just because you beat an out of form Madrid who are without 4 important players the tide has not changed in North London.

Regardless of that though your win was impressive but we beat Bayern 2 years ago 2-0 when they were the most in form team in Europe on a 12 winning run or so and Lewandowski was scoring for fun every game (he had scored over 20 goals already and it was only October) but we managed to keep him out. 

Our win vs Bayern > yours vs Madrid.

Edited by msixtynine
22 hours ago, msixtynine said:

Madrid out of form and missing key players (Varane, Carvajal, Navas & Bale) whereas Arsenal fielding completely different starting 11 in Europe this season to prem side so no, just because you beat an out of form Madrid who are without 4 important players the tide has not changed in North London.

Regardless of that though your win was impressive but we beat Bayern 2 years ago 2-0 when they were the most in form team in Europe on a 12 winning run or so and Lewandowski was scoring for fun every game (he had scored over 20 goals already and it was only October) but we managed to keep him out. 

Our win vs Bayern > yours vs Madrid.

triggered, hahaha

Olay football against the european champions at the home of football, ur win was 2 years ago.........

Edited by `Ben
the real faker
4 hours ago, `Ben said:

triggered, hahaha

Olay football against the european champions at the home of football, ur win was 2 years ago.........

Not triggered

You scraping wins against out of form teams ( Trippier was offside for first goal) means nothing unless you have something to show for it just like your manager says :smile:

1 hour ago, msixtynine said:

Not triggered

You scraping wins against out of form teams ( Trippier was offside for first goal) means nothing unless you have something to show for it just like your manager says :smile:

least we're not losing to them! Ha

international break came at a good time for us, clueless without pogba in midfield to hold/run/link up play.

Anoys me how we let andreas pereira go to valencia on loan because hes smashing laliga up (370mins played/3 assists/1 goal from CM)

@Zack

Edited by Jordan
the real faker
20 hours ago, Jordan said:
  • The 16-year-old winger has been compared to Argentinian winger Angel di Maria
  • The Bissau-Guinea-born forward can play as striker or on the right wing
  • Represents Portugal Under 17s, scoring an impressive 15 goals in 18 appearances

Going to the wrong team.

42 minutes ago, msixtynine said:
  • The 16-year-old winger has been compared to Argentinian winger Angel di Maria
  • The Bissau-Guinea-born forward can play as striker or on the right wing
  • Represents Portugal Under 17s, scoring an impressive 15 goals in 18 appearances

Going to the wrong team.

we're putting alot of money into our u18s/scouting ect. and its all been done by the former spurs academy manager who brought through kane/alli ect, potentially trying to build a class of 92 style generation where a few kids come through young and at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Jordan said:

we're putting alot of money into our u18s/scouting ect. and its all been done by the former spurs academy manager who brought through kane/alli ect, potentially trying to build a class of 92 style generation where a few kids come through young and at the same time.

Broomfield's decent, but he's not going to revolutionise your academy. We bought Alli from MK, he wasn't brought through our ranks. Although Kane has been at Spurs for years, he rarely played any youth football for us and played a lot of his youth football out on loan. Our academy is decent but I'd say we're only really starting to see the fruits of our labour and the new training ground with Winks coming through - and there's a really bright generation just underneath him consisting of players like Marcus Edwards, Shayon Harrison and others (evidence in smashing Dortmund's youth something like 6-0 and beating Madrid's recently).

I hope I'm wrong but I really don't think the youth project at Utd will be that successful due to the fact Mourinho is at the helm. He's not known for giving new players a chance because he only really uses those players at he trusts (hence why he tends to buy players he's managed at previous clubs). England are crying out for clubs like Utd to start trusting in their youth set ups but I just can't see it happening. 

30 minutes ago, `Ben said:

Broomfield's decent, but he's not going to revolutionise your academy. We bought Alli from MK, he wasn't brought through our ranks. Although Kane has been at Spurs for years, he rarely played any youth football for us and played a lot of his youth football out on loan. Our academy is decent but I'd say we're only really starting to see the fruits of our labour and the new training ground with Winks coming through - and there's a really bright generation just underneath him consisting of players like Marcus Edwards, Shayon Harrison and others (evidence in smashing Dortmund's youth something like 6-0 and beating Madrid's recently).

I hope I'm wrong but I really don't think the youth project at Utd will be that successful due to the fact Mourinho is at the helm. He's not known for giving new players a chance because he only really uses those players at he trusts (hence why he tends to buy players he's managed at previous clubs). England are crying out for clubs like Utd to start trusting in their youth set ups but I just can't see it happening. 

Mckenna is the guys name, quite sure he was in charge of winks and the younger group but yea we've quietly been sniping kids from big academys around europe to build a stacked u18s team with 16/17 year olds.

Di'shon Bernard from chelsea

Lee o'connor from waterford (ireland) & Galbraith from linfield first team

Indy boonen/D'mani Bughail from City

Arnau Martinez Puigmal from espanyol (supposedly Xavi 2.0)

Aidan Barlow (manchester born)

Angel Gomes (englands biggest hope)

Chong from ajax 

Millen Baars from ajax

Nishan burkart from Zurich 

9 hours ago, Jordan said:

Mckenna is the guys name, quite sure he was in charge of winks and the younger group but yea we've quietly been sniping kids from big academys around europe to build a stacked u18s team with 16/17 year olds.

Di'shon Bernard from chelsea

Lee o'connor from waterford (ireland) & Galbraith from linfield first team

Indy boonen/D'mani Bughail from City

Arnau Martinez Puigmal from espanyol (supposedly Xavi 2.0)

Aidan Barlow (manchester born)

Angel Gomes (englands biggest hope)

Chong from ajax 

Millen Baars from ajax

Nishan burkart from Zurich 

Oh, I thought Broomfield (our ex head scout) was joining you lot - heard he was talking to utd or Liverpool.

McKenna's a good coach but he left because Poch wanted the youth teams to start playing under his philosophy to make the youngsters transitions to the first team easier. Obviously with that he lost the freedom to get the team playing how he wanted and felt as though he needed to move on.

Hopefully he can work his magic at Utd, as said, we're crying out for these world cup winning English youngsters to be brought through.

Edited by `Ben