Polar
TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

2017/18 Football Season

Jordan

On 25/10/2017 at 6:09 PM, Jordan said:

the formation plays to his/alli's strengths, and ye on form/consistency hes probably the best striker in the league.

Kane fc rolled over by the hammers last night looool

1 hour ago, Jack said:

Kane fc rolled over by the hammers last night looool

ye i think any injury to 1 or 2 key players in the system and they're flawed, sorta like chelsea cuz no depth

On 10/26/2017 at 11:20 PM, Jordan said:

ye i think any injury to 1 or 2 key players in the system and they're flawed, sorta like chelsea cuz no depth

Kane didn't play for like 12 league games last year and we still finished second and went on a 6 game winning run without him, including inflicting City's first loss last year when everyone thought they would walk the league after winning 6 on the trot 

Obviously we're not as strong with him and facing teams like Madrid and Utd will be tougher - but I wouldn't say we rely on one or two players. 

Edited by `Ben

Must win game for us already this season. Really hope mourinho isn't too cautious and lets us go out and play.

Any bets on today boys?

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

unlucky @Famcloth @`Ben

meh, we were crap - can't really complain/deserved to lose.

Thought he should have taken Alli off for Llorente and kept Son on to run off him. You were always gunna win the physical battle.

24 minutes ago, `Ben said:

meh, we were crap - can't really complain/deserved to lose.

Thought he should have taken Alli off for Llorente and kept Son on to run off him. You were always gunna win the physical battle.

you've got a strange mix of players that only this formation gets the best out of em

Solid GK / 3 solid CB's

wing backs for pace/width

Alli/Eriksson - two #10s floating behind striker

Kane - battering ram/good finnisher/hold up

I think pogba missing for united is a bigger miss than kane for you lot though.

11 minutes ago, Jordan said:

you've got a strange mix of players that only this formation gets the best out of em

Solid GK / 3 solid CB's

How lmao?

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Solid GK / 3 solid CB's

I don't think you watch Tottenham enough then.

We constantly change formation throughout a game between 4 and 5 at the back - depending on whether we've got the ball or haven't. We've probably got one of the smallest, yet dynamic squads in the sense we've got players that can play a full host of positions. 

Vertonghen: LB/CB

Dier: CDM/CB/RB

Trippier/Rose/Davies/Aurier: play either full back or wing back depending on how we set up (we've also used both Rose/Davies as CB's)

Dembele/Alli/Sissoko (who we've also used as a wing back/winger): They can either play further up (nearer the number 10) or deeper. Alli for example played deeper against Liverpool last week and bossed it with winks, while Sissoko played further up.

Then arguably our front 3/4 are more fluid and dynamic than most in the league, perhaps other than Liverpool and City. It's not rare to see Kane drift out to collect the ball on the wings and seeing Sonny/Eriksen or Alli when he's playing further forward taking a more central role. I'd agree that in some big games, we might use Kane as a battering ram but that's only because his hold up play is so good and it's important as he's able to take pressure of our defence when they're being bombarded.

Perhaps Pogba is a bigger miss, but that's because we're at this moment in time a probably more complete team/jelled team, where everyone knows their role when they step onto the pitch.

Edited by `Ben
3 hours ago, `Ben said:

I don't think you watch Tottenham enough then.

We constantly change formation throughout a game between 4 and 5 at the back - depending on whether we've got the ball or haven't. We've probably got one of the smallest, yet dynamic squads in the sense we've got players that can play a full host of positions. 

Vertonghen: LB/CB

Dier: CDM/CB/RB

Trippier/Rose/Davies/Aurier: play either full back or wing back depending on how we set up (we've also used both Rose/Davies as CB's)

Dembele/Alli/Sissoko (who we've also used as a wing back/winger): They can either play further up (nearer the number 10) or deeper. Alli for example played deeper against Liverpool last week and bossed it with winks, while Sissoko played further up.

Then arguably our front 3/4 are more fluid and dynamic than most in the league, perhaps other than Liverpool and City. It's not rare to see Kane drift out to collect the ball on the wings and seeing Sonny/Eriksen or Alli when he's playing further forward taking a more central role. I'd agree that in some big games, we might use Kane as a battering ram but that's only because his hold up play is so good and it's important as he's able to take pressure of our defence when they're being bombarded.

Perhaps Pogba is a bigger miss, but that's because we're at this moment in time a probably more complete team/jelled team, where everyone knows their role when they step onto the pitch.

Nope i don't watch spurs, just based on what i saw today and ye i do agree your teams a unit but it has no world beaters which will result in you winning nothing.

id love to take alderwiereld off you for 30m in january since his contract expires in the summer & Rose/Shaw swap would all but stabilise our defensive issues :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Nope i don't watch spurs, just based on what i saw today and ye i do agree your teams a unit but it has no world beaters which will result in you winning nothing.

id love to take alderwiereld off you for 30m in january since his contract expires in the summer & Rose/Shaw swap would all but stabilise our defensive issues :laugh:

Other than our defenders, I'd say Kane and Dembele are 'world beaters.' Rest are all young and will hit their prime in a few years.

Also, Toby's contract ends in 2019 but there's a clause which we can activate to extend it for 2 years with a £50m buy-out coming into affect of we do, so he'll cost ya a tad more! Plus he's 29, so he's only really got two more years left in him before he starts to slow down a tad ;p.

Also, I'd take Shaw. Younger than Rose and would work well with Poch.

27 minutes ago, `Ben said:

Other than our defenders, I'd say Kane and Dembele are 'world beaters.' Rest are all young and will hit their prime in a few years.

Also, Toby's contract ends in 2019 but there's a clause which we can activate to extend it for 2 years with a £50m buy-out coming into affect of we do, so he'll cost ya a tad more! Plus he's 29, so he's only really got two more years left in him before he starts to slow down a tad ;p.

Also, I'd take Shaw. Younger than Rose and would work well with Poch.

Kane is your only world beater and the team/tactics are built around him since you don't have any real wide winger/forwards besides lamela whos either injured/shit when fit and i rate erikson above alli/dembele.

thought toby's contract was up in 2018 but i don't see levy busting ur tight budgets to keep him and id take him over Jones/smalling any day of the week.

Alli/erikson/heunminson are all #10s , idk what bracket you would put dembele in since he plays (holding CDM/box to box/#10)