Kruck
Polar
TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

Mayweather vs McGregor

moodyshoab

I feel as if Mayweathers odds to win this match are way to high?? 11/1 seems a bit extreme, I'm a huge Mayweather fan and I will be rooting for him 100% but those odds against arguable the best left hook he has ever faced his whole career is tough. Also wish Mayweather would talk shit back to McGregor, it's kinda pissing me off that he isn't atm. Can't fucking wait until the press conference! LMK who y'all got below and why? (Don't just pick McGregor because you like him)

McGregor would fucking rekt him in a fight outside the ring but i have no idea how he will do with them big as gloves in Mayweathers domain

The odds are completely fine. It's a boxing match and Mayweather will win because of that. Although McGregor hits hard he will lose because of a lack of boxing technique and experience. I know he's training boxing right now, but that wont be enough to overcome the opponent.

still gonna be one to watch

people with fighting knowledge will always agree that mcgregor has no chance vs mayweather

ohwell even if mcgregor loses, he'll get so much money from this fight and he knows it

boxer vs mma fighter in boxing match = boxer wins

people think mcgregor hits hard, ye he does for an mma fighter but mayweathers been in there with harder hitters than mcgregor... cotto, alvarez, mosley, prob a fair few others too.

Its a whole different ball game. 4 ounce ufc gloves are a complete fuckin game changer in comparison to 10 ounce boxing gloves. Mcgregors punching power will be significantly less in 10 oz gloves.

Footwork, boxing and mma both have completely different footwork. MMA fighters have to worry about kicks takedowns etc and so have to adjust their footwork accordingly. A boxers footwork suits fighting with just your hands, increasing balance when punching, helping power, defence, etc. The technique of boxing isnt just learnt, you do this shit so much it becomes habit, and having done this shit since he was a little 2 year old, floyd has this shit down pat as fuck, compared to conor whos an mma fighter.

Not to mention round times, Boxers generally work their way from 3 round bouts in the amateurs all the way through 4, 6, 8, 10 and finally 12 round bouts in the pros. That shit dont just come overnight. Theres more to it than just the fitness side too, its the mentality of fighting through 12 rounds, boxing (and fighting in general) is like 90% mental, 10% physical. or something like that. 

Look, barring a lucky punch (a VERY FUCKING LUCKY PUNCH), mayweather clowns mcgregor, and if he chooses to, stops him in, pretty much whatever round he chooses. People sleep on mayweathers punching power, remember this mfer has stopped a fair few top level fighters. I could go on all day about this shit but ye I'm not going to. 

2 hours ago, Shoan said:

people with fighting knowledge will always agree that mcgregor has no chance vs mayweather

ohwell even if mcgregor loses, he'll get so much money from this fight and he knows it

19 minutes ago, Chase said:

Mayweather about to kick some ass, only bc they are boxing though. 

this,

but we all know McGregor is so hype atm, that is why he got this fight.

He didn't get this fight to be expected to win... (which if he does awesome)

He got this fight for the Pay Out and nothing more, he simply wanted the highest amount of money he can make,

which is being made from going into Boxing instead of of MMA, which was smart transition for one fight, can't argue that

McGregor has a brain and knows what he is doing when it comes to money...

but im 85% Mayweather 15% McGregor (in heart 100% McGregor) but gotta go with the true Boxing Legend.

im behind McGregor all the way

does anyone have a link for the fight rules?

i remember listening to a rogan podcast about them contemplating letting mayweather use boxing gloves and mcgregor to use mma gloves o_O

cant wait will be shitfaced

Mayweather is 40 years old and retired, I feel you guys are way to certain that hes going to win. Truly wouldnt count out Mcgregor

I feel like Floyd Mayweather is a 99 defence pure, and Conor McGregor is a 99 strength pure. I'll probably watch it on stream, but wont waste my money for PPV.

Mayweather wont talk shit back because he is literally illiterate (lol). He is too dumb and slow, which is why press conference will be a hoot. CMcG is a boss at talking shit.

1 hour ago, LieV2 said:

Mayweather wont talk shit back because he is literally illiterate (lol). He is too dumb and slow, which is why press conference will be a hoot. CMcG is a boss at talking shit.

Yeah, the guy might be pretty shit with reading and writing, but dumb and slow are two completely different things. The guy had to focus on boxing from a young age as his family didn't have much (were without electricity at points) and obviously prioritized boxing (the moneymaker) over the less needed skills (less needed for him at that point in time anyway)

If anything, it just makes it more admirable how far hes come, having remodelled the promotional side of boxing and building such a good brand. 

He doesn't need to talk shit against mcgregor, elephants don't swat flies bro.

Edited by Lay tha Dds
1 hour ago, Lay tha Dds said:

Yeah, the guy might be pretty shit with reading and writing, but dumb and slow are two completely different things. The guy had to focus on boxing from a young age as his family didn't have much (were without electricity at points) and obviously prioritized boxing (the moneymaker) over the less needed skills (less needed for him at that point in time anyway)

If anything, it just makes it more admirable how far hes come, having remodelled the promotional side of boxing and building such a good brand. 

He doesn't need to talk shit against mcgregor, elephants don't swat flies bro.

Characterizing mayweather as a fly in this metaphor is far fetched mate. Mayweather is old and his last professional bout was an absolute shit show. Mcgregor is debatably at the peak of his career. You don't think MMA fighters know how to box? have you seen how well that irish beast throws his hands? He is one of the cleanest in the industry in terms of skill and movement.

I'm not saying Mayweather isn't at an advantage with Mcgregor stepping into his arena, but the odds arn't completely stacked in his favour either.

19 minutes ago, mlaK said:

Characterizing mayweather as a fly in this metaphor is far fetched mate. Mayweather is old and his last professional bout was an absolute shit show. Mcgregor is debatably at the peak of his career. You don't think MMA fighters know how to box? have you seen how well that irish beast throws his hands? He is one of the cleanest in the industry in terms of skill and movement.

I'm not saying Mayweather isn't at an advantage with Mcgregor stepping into his arena, but the odds arn't completely stacked in his favour either.

I get what you're saying but honestly theres so much more to it than just throwing hands. I mean, mcgregor has a nice punch for an MMA fighter, moves well etc but the footwork and technique of MMA and boxing is pretty different. 

I mean, yeah mayweather is old but the guy has been training boxing pretty much since he could walk. He has so much experience and has fought so many good fighters I just can't see mcgregor standing anything remotely close to a chance. I mean, he can punch, so he has the smallest chance of a knockout but mayweathers chin is pretty tested, his defence will no doubt still be very close to impeccable and mcgregors gunna notice the difference between his 4 ounce mma gloves and the 10 ounce boxing gloves for sure

Idk man like no disrespect to mcgregor I love the guy as a fighter and love his talking and everything but I just don't see him doing much

Edited by Lay tha Dds

boxer vs mma fighter in boxing match = boxer wins

people think mcgregor hits hard, ye he does for an mma fighter but mayweathers been in there with harder hitters than mcgregor... cotto, alvarez, mosley, prob a fair few others too.

Its a whole different ball game. 4 ounce ufc gloves are a complete fuckin game changer in comparison to 10 ounce boxing gloves. Mcgregors punching power will be significantly less in 10 oz gloves.

Footwork, boxing and mma both have completely different footwork. MMA fighters have to worry about kicks takedowns etc and so have to adjust their footwork accordingly. A boxers footwork suits fighting with just your hands, increasing balance when punching, helping power, defence, etc. The technique of boxing isnt just learnt, you do this shit so much it becomes habit, and having done this shit since he was a little 2 year old, floyd has this shit down pat as fuck, compared to conor whos an mma fighter.

Not to mention round times, Boxers generally work their way from 3 round bouts in the amateurs all the way through 4, 6, 8, 10 and finally 12 round bouts in the pros. That shit dont just come overnight. Theres more to it than just the fitness side too, its the mentality of fighting through 12 rounds, boxing (and fighting in general) is like 90% mental, 10% physical. or something like that. 

Look, barring a lucky punch (a VERY FUCKING LUCKY PUNCH), mayweather clowns mcgregor, and if he chooses to, stops him in, pretty much whatever round he chooses. People sleep on mayweathers punching power, remember this mfer has stopped a fair few top level fighters. I could go on all day about this shit but ye I'm not going to. 

9 minutes ago, Lay tha Dds said:

I get what you're saying but honestly theres so much more to it than just throwing hands. I mean, mcgregor has a nice punch for an MMA fighter, moves well etc but the footwork and technique of MMA and boxing is pretty different. 

I mean, yeah mayweather is old but the guy has been training boxing pretty much since he could walk. He has so much experience and has fought so many good fighters I just can't see mcgregor standing anything remotely close to a chance. I mean, he can punch, so he has the smallest chance of a knockout but mayweathers chin is pretty tested, his defence will no doubt still be very close to impeccable and mcgregors gunna notice the difference between his 4 ounce mma gloves and the 10 ounce boxing gloves for sure

Idk man like no disrespect to mcgregor I love the guy as a fighter and love his talking and everything but I just don't see him doing much

At the end of the day this is just a clever ruse by the two fighters to make some quick $$. 

It would be a sad day for the boxing industry if Mcgregor does win because it would prove just how superior MMA is when it comes to producing fighters.

I think we are in a way agreeing with each other. I think you are slightly underestimating the amount of boxing McGregor can adapt to in the weeks leading up to this fight as well, but I guess we will see. Regardless of who wins for whatever reason I think we can all agree that it will be one hell of a fight.

what ur all forgetting is that mcgregor is going to have a style that mayweather has never faced or probably even seen before. mcgregor is going to be bringing an unknown package and there's no real way that mayweather can train to fight against it whereas mcgregor has the ability to train to face mayweathers style. on top of that, as mentioned. mayweathers last fight was diabolical. he's going to be worse than he was in that fight, not better.