don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Mayweather vs McGregor

moodyshoab

John Ireland

Its Mayweather's sport so the odds kinda make sense. Neither has really faced an opponent like the other so almost anything could happen.  McGregor does have the advantage of having tape to study Mayweather's tendencies though

On 6/16/2017 at 8:39 AM, Henrik said:

The odds are completely fine. It's a boxing match and Mayweather will win because of that. Although McGregor hits hard he will lose because of a lack of boxing technique and experience. I know he's training boxing right now, but that wont be enough to overcome the opponent.

still gonna be one to watch

this

Because he's going to dodge every punch lol, he will win by score. Only way he'll lose is if he gets knocked out which has never happened obviously.

On 6/21/2017 at 8:53 AM, Halp said:

Because he's going to dodge every punch lol, he will win by score. Only way he'll lose is if he gets knocked out which has never happened obviously.

I said the same exact thing almost to the t lol.

As much as I like McGregor and enjoy watching him fight, Mayweather will take this one.

He'll get a few punches in in the early rounds and then avoid him and go for the win on points, Mayweather plays chess, he excels against brawlers like Conor. 

The elite thing about McGregor is his mentality, but even that isn't going to be enough for him to win this fight. If, by some miracle, he does win than it will be the biggest event I have witnessed in boxing, maybe even biggest even ever.

• 2 months later...

Don't like mayweather but mcgregor stands absolutely no chance... and NO he CANT punch... he's only decent for an mma fighter but when it comes to boxing he's a joke (no offense to any of his fans). Willing to put up to 50m if any willing to bet haha. 

On 6/16/2017 at 3:05 AM, Lay tha Dds said:

boxer vs mma fighter in boxing match = boxer wins

people think mcgregor hits hard, ye he does for an mma fighter but mayweathers been in there with harder hitters than mcgregor... cotto, alvarez, mosley, prob a fair few others too.

Its a whole different ball game. 4 ounce ufc gloves are a complete fuckin game changer in comparison to 10 ounce boxing gloves. Mcgregors punching power will be significantly less in 10 oz gloves.

Footwork, boxing and mma both have completely different footwork. MMA fighters have to worry about kicks takedowns etc and so have to adjust their footwork accordingly. A boxers footwork suits fighting with just your hands, increasing balance when punching, helping power, defence, etc. The technique of boxing isnt just learnt, you do this shit so much it becomes habit, and having done this shit since he was a little 2 year old, floyd has this shit down pat as fuck, compared to conor whos an mma fighter.

Not to mention round times, Boxers generally work their way from 3 round bouts in the amateurs all the way through 4, 6, 8, 10 and finally 12 round bouts in the pros. That shit dont just come overnight. Theres more to it than just the fitness side too, its the mentality of fighting through 12 rounds, boxing (and fighting in general) is like 90% mental, 10% physical. or something like that. 

Look, barring a lucky punch (a VERY FUCKING LUCKY PUNCH), mayweather clowns mcgregor, and if he chooses to, stops him in, pretty much whatever round he chooses. People sleep on mayweathers punching power, remember this mfer has stopped a fair few top level fighters. I could go on all day about this shit but ye I'm not going to. 

Couldn't  have said it any better

On 16-6-2017 at 6:38 PM, Cody said:

im behind McGregor all the way

does anyone have a link for the fight rules?

i remember listening to a rogan podcast about them contemplating letting mayweather use boxing gloves and mcgregor to use mma gloves o_O

cant wait will be shitfaced

On 19-6-2017 at 5:14 AM, Lay tha Dds said:

I get what you're saying but honestly theres so much more to it than just throwing hands. I mean, mcgregor has a nice punch for an MMA fighter, moves well etc but the footwork and technique of MMA and boxing is pretty different. 

I mean, yeah mayweather is old but the guy has been training boxing pretty much since he could walk. He has so much experience and has fought so many good fighters I just can't see mcgregor standing anything remotely close to a chance. I mean, he can punch, so he has the smallest chance of a knockout but mayweathers chin is pretty tested, his defence will no doubt still be very close to impeccable and mcgregors gunna notice the difference between his 4 ounce mma gloves and the 10 ounce boxing gloves for sure

Idk man like no disrespect to mcgregor I love the guy as a fighter and love his talking and everything but I just don't see him doing much

its 8 oz :D confirmed